Appeal for a portrait painter

Snatcher

It was to paint a picture of my daughter from a photo and it was going to be a suprise pressie for my wifes birthday which was yesterday.

Well she was over the moon with it and so was I. The artist wishes to remain anonymous,the cost to me is to take that person bass fishing in Luce Bay. Good deal or what ???

Will post up the original that the artist had to work from and the finished work. I think its amazing,what do you think ?

Aands6.jpg

Amanda1.jpg

Amanda2.jpg

God I wish I was talented like that !!!!!

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

You've come up trumps here. Nice picture, happy wife and you get to go fishing. Result!

Paul

Bloody good portrait there, well done :thumbs:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

The artist wishes to remain anonymous,the cost to me is to take that person bass fishing in Luce Bay.

Yeah. I was going to ask you about that, Snatcher. Do I need to bring my own rod and reel, or can I borrow yours? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Well you came up trumps there Snatcher.

Well done to the artist, not only for the artwork but for throwing it in free of charge.

G'day mate,yes everything seems to be coming up trumps at the moment.This is my first day of retirement and I cannot sleep (its 04.40 UK time). Its not due to worry,just got so many plans running through my head.

Sorry going :offtopic:

I e-mailed the painting to my daughter in Sydney. She did not know about it and thought it was really good.Her only comment was that too many wrinkles had been painted on her forehead :sun:

I already have loads of interests/hobbies to keep me fully occupied but was thinking of having a dabble in drawing. All I had in mind was copying landscapes/seascapes. Lets face it over where our static caravan is on the Mull of Galloway I am spoiled for choice,which is a pleasant position to be in :thumbs:

Will let you know if it takes off!!! :crazy:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Hi Snatcher,

That is a very good piece of work, we do have some talented AN members and i hope he catches some good sized Bass on his day out. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Nice...very nice :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Thanks for all the feedback team. All positive vibes as well. Elton you are a little tinker !!! :P

It was actually a female artist who done the portrait. That is all I am saying as I promised anonimity to her :)

Cheers , Snatcher

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair