Swan deaths from lead weights - Fishing Ban demanded

Leon Roskilly

.......whatever makes any difference to their main agenda and that for those who refuse to see it is to BAN ANGLING full stop!

Let us as anglers do our own bit to ensure that we have as least a negative affect on the enviroment as possible and stuff sucking up to these people.AND yes how about us (and as Blue says the EA) sticking up for ourselves a bit more?

Well said Budgie, as I said when I posted on this thread, 'Not usual for me to visit here' as, indeed I left coarse fishing many years ago. but then I had a choice and it was nothing to do with lead shot.

I honestly thought, probably a bit presumptuous, that I could add a bit of history and science to the debate.

Many years ago we saw images of swans and other wildlife entangled in discarded tackle, no good saying it is all false because it isn't.

I hope that such occurrence has become limited, but in being a rare happening it becomes a news worthy item.

The same or similar occurs in the world of Sea Fishing. If they do not learn a lesson from you then the same fate awaits them.

Do what you can to protect your sport, because you are the target for so many that sooner or later you will lose, piece by piece.

Tomorrow, when I walk along the River as usual and see countless piles of macDonalds wrappers, sainsburys, Tescos, Morrisons etc etc carrier bags I shall phone my local paper and complain! What will be done, nothing!

The next person who walks the riverbank and finds a wild bird caught up in fishing line will photograph it and what will it become? Headlines.

This is our world at the moment. Live with it or fight it. BUT, don't expect people to help you if you immediately jump to assume that what is said is to your derogation.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, Well said Leon, but recall the posting I made asking for help on the plight of the sandeels, how much help did I receive? Just you and nobody else.

Similarly my postings on peeler crabs and ragworm, what, 4 years ago, no response.

I can imagine Bradshaw looking through his letters and seeing my scrawl saying 'not him again.'

Oh well!

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Guest flempike

As none of the people we invited have shown up, nor have I had any replies to my mails, I was just wondering what would happen if I send an e-mail to the Swan Rescue center promising a 1000 pounds donation. I wonder how fast they would reply to me then...

As none of the people we invited have shown up, nor have I had any replies to my mails, I was just wondering what would happen if I send an e-mail to the Swan Rescue center promising a 1000 pounds donation. I wonder how fast they would reply to me then...

Im not suprised mate.They know that their argument is flawed but will keep shouting it loudly as the people they want to hear it will know no different.Like I said saving swans has little to do with it its banning angling that really drives them.Or should I say imposing their will on others?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 3 weeks later...