Chrome/Avast

ayjay

I use Firefox as my browser, for some reason it won't play nicely with my on-line bank account, as soon as I get logged in the whole browser freezes. It used to be OK, but has changed since the split up of Lloyds & TSB.

When this started happening I did actually need to access my account reliably.

To get around the problem I downloaded google chrome and used that for my bank account, and it works fine, I don't like it as a general browser so I only use it for my bank account.

On a couple of occasions recently I have to assume that Chrome has tried to update itself - without asking me first - (which I don't allow with any other part of my computer).

I only know this because of the warning which my anti-virus Avast gives me.

I'm puzzled, as much as anything, by the wording on the warning. Chrome is used by many people and some of those must use Avast as an anti-virus.

Up to now I've told it to abort the download each time.

Any thoughts or comments?

Clhrome2_zps0sr6ik6h.jpg

Google use a seperate update downloader program that runs in the background all the time. disable updates ijn chrome then remove the updater from startup.

for what its worth though I think Avast is being a little paranoid but its good you seen it otherwise it woulda just kept auto downloading.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Google use a seperate update downloader program that runs in the background all the time. disable updates ijn chrome then remove the updater from startup.

for what its worth though I think Avast is being a little paranoid but its good you seen it otherwise it woulda just kept auto downloading.

I'd already tried to do that before I posted here and couldn't find it anywhere - any clues where to look?

It definitely seems odd, given the numbers of people who must use both Chrome and Avast.

I assume its in the settings somewhere, then again perhaps not. defo try removing it from startup, click start, Run, type msconfig go to startup and find that bugger that way. I wouldnt put it past the gits enabling it again next time you load chrome though.

perhaps it was literally released at the time you got the update. its a strange one for me, never seen an AV with that sort of feature and I use avast.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk