Fishing the Humber

Mally

Hi Everyone,

I've done a little bit of sea fishing in the past when I lived in Scotland for two years but now I'm back home and this summer/winter I would like to getting out and do a bit, I live very close to the Humber but upstream (if thats the right term) of Barton, Can anyone recommend anywhere in this area to fish? I understand that under the Humber Bridge is quite a good spot, If so what would I be catching and how would you fish it and on what tides? I'm not to bothered about what I catch but a chance of somthing to take home and eat at the end of the day would be nice!

[ 15. May 2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Mally ]

try the humber bank wall mally

flatties, eels, odd bass up towards grimsby

odd sole,

winter sees cod, whiting

i have always found the river fishes best on a biggish tide say a 5.8 (bridlington scale)

Thanks for the reply Macky, Where abouts on the Humber wall though as there is pretty much a wall along most of its length, are you talking about down at Stallinbrough? WOUld you use a rig with the lead tied to the bottom and two hooklenghts coming off the mainline furthere up using somthing like ragworm for bait?

any were along there mally

use 2 hook clipped down rig with rag, lug ,peeler crab.

fish the flooding tide and a few hours after top

i dont fish that side much as i am from hull

but i tend to head for the beaches across there as there is a run of smouthound due real soon

take a look at my site there is some info on fishing the north bank area

http://www.mack1.karoo.net/chris/

Thanks for the info, Just have to find out what a two hook clipped down rig is not, but no doubt there will be diagram somewhere on the net, I'll have a look at your site later, off for me lunch, night shift!