how many of you are from NE Scotland (do you fancy a boat hire)

arthurcodsbody

Shore sounds good to me too.

It must be 15 years since I was out boat fishing. but I will have a go anywhere, boat or shore

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norrie - Why I recommended "Girl Katherine" - was for the opposite reason - the skipper I had that day worked really hard to find us fish and we outfished the other two boats by a big margin.

I had a similar experience when fishing Anstruther - the boat/skipper we had just couldn't be bothered - never turned the engine of once ( "just in case it wouldn't start" , was the excuse )then found out later the boat never had a fish finder - we ended up just of the shore at the caravan park in shallow water - fishing for ling ?. The other boat came back with bags of fish as they stayed out in the deeper water!

[ 28. February 2005, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: KennyC ]

Kenny,

That sounds like a boat I was on from Anstruther, engine on all day and just bobbed about of the caravan park. got a few fish but nothing much.

Can't remember any names though.

Hi Kenny, Hows you mate....I've fished on that boat for years, and had some really good days on her too, till my first trip out to Bell rock, had a really nice cod on, and asked the skip for a net...."you want a F****** net", he says, "you bring your own". That was my last trip on that boat till the (wont say skipper) owner retired to Spain,to live in a big hoos....so, we met the new owner/s, come out with us he said, we are brilliant skippers he says, so our local pub club organised a trip, that was the first and last I will ever have on that boat again. It was some of the guys first time sea angling, and it has been some of there last trips too. We actually came back in an hour early, and got a £24 rebate.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

i know you guys seem to like fishing north of the border but for 4years took a group out from ibm in glasgow, they had two days fishing every year trying different places they had been all over, fished a lot in the clyde then they came down to whitby we fished over two days 4boats and sold the fish for charity, one year making 1000£ half for lifeboat and half for heartfoundation they said never seen fishing like the last year a lady only one of 40from fellas actualy beat all the men she weighd 112lb cod gutted, her husband was sat right next to her not a pretty face she hammed him he had about 60lb, on the presentation she got one hell of applause from the guys and took best weight for the day

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Big-Cod, Hiya, Its not just a case of liking fishing north of the border,we actually love it,but to fish "Dan Sarf" needs a weekend away, which I quite enjoy. :D ....if we are fishing the "mid" east coast of scotland ,for most of us, its a day out...not having to involve B+B etc...which keeps the costs down as well. But, I for one ( among many) am up for fishing anywhere....what is it they say...."call me Martini,.... anytime, anywhere"..I and a few others on here have fished recently at Amble, and had a not too bad a weekend.... :D

Theocritis..

David.W:

That sounds like a boat I was on from Anstruther, engine on all day and just bobbed about of the caravan park. got a few fish but nothing much.

Can't remember any names though.

I fished on a boat out from Ainster ...about 20 odd years ago, the Skippers name was Cpt Anderson RTD, he was brilliant, one of the old school,ex navy chappy..we had a great day out with him.... :D:D

Theocritis..

hi norrie,these guys what iwas talking about maybe only fished once a year,and made a weekend of it but i am some 60miles south of amble as the crow flies i know this cos i sailed my previous boat down to whitby from there, the name of the skipper you talk about from amble sorry i have nt heard of him but sounds you had a nice day i do warn you that any body who comes aboard my boat will be working there balls off for fish thats the way i work if we ant catching we are off, we might start at 5miles and end up at 25milesthere are so many wrecks and different bits of ground to work

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Im totally easy about venue; Stoneys only an hour away for me, Arbroath 10 mins up the road.

Boat wise its 5 years since I went on a charter so no real knowledge.

All i know is that both the Girl Katherine and Mari Dawn are big, with plenty of room to spread out, and cracking seaboats.

Skipper wise i have no idea. My only comment would be that I often find myself drifting the same reefs (in the yak) as the Girl Katherine through the summer... Im getting plenty of fish so maybe the skipper is in the right place, ooh maybe he likes to only steam a short way? I really don't know.

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Norrie,

The boat I was on was like an old fishing boat, no fishfinder, didn't seem to have much of anything electronic.

I think we were at most 3/4 mile off shore at the most.