photo's on CD

chesters1

hi can anyone recomend some free software that i can use to put pictures on CD's or DVD's ,the mother in law is electronically challenged so i need something that can transfer pictures to a CD or DVD that can be pushed into a DVD player and run automatically and display the pictures with a pause between each one.

its easy for most you just pick what you want to look at but i'm afraid just using "play" on her dvd is probably the upmost she's ever done!!!!!

can photoshop CS do it? i have it but its now not installed

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

hi can anyone recomend some free software that i can use to put pictures on CD's or DVD's ,the mother in law is electronically challenged so i need something that can transfer pictures to a CD or DVD that can be pushed into a DVD player and run automatically and display the pictures with a pause between each one.

its easy for most you just pick what you want to look at but i'm afraid just using "play" on her dvd is probably the upmost she's ever done!!!!!

can photoshop CS do it? i have it but its now not installed

Not that I know of!!

You need "Easy CD" or a bit harder " Nero"

If the MIL has a windows PC when she slots the cd in it should offer the chance to view the images as a slideshow.

I think you can download an older version of Nero for free. If not let me know I'm sure I have a copy somewhere.

Colin

To the rescue again. :D :D

Surely if you have a CD/DVD writer, then you have the software to go with it? Can't you just click on the pic and copy to disc?

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Surely if you have a CD/DVD writer, then you have the software to go with it? Can't you just click on the pic and copy to disc?

Den

What he said, thats all I do when I pass on photos to family and friends for them to view. Never had any probs and plays on all DVD players.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

yes thats easy but remember you have to use the dvd player to pick the pictures to view them ,having a cd that plays a slideshow on insertion will save endless calls asking how to see the pictures believe me when i say challenged i mean challenged.

i will take a peek at the two other links cheers

if you put a cd in our dvd a window opens showing all the file names its here the phone would start ringing!!!

errr re-reading i see some think its a pc dvd i'm talking about a household DVD player ,a pc in her hands would be a catastrophe!!! and a large phone bill

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No mate, just copy to CD, insert and press play should give a running slide show, I do it all the time, never had a problem.

Maybe your DVD player is faulty, or can't play em. My wife had a very expensive DVD player bought for her and it will only play original movie DVDs and not copies but even that plays CDs?

You really don't need to download owt fancy.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.