they just dont understand ( Wives that is !)

KAYC

Well there I was actually about to bid on a brand new fox bivvy !! Me ... I swore I would NEVER go down that road OH NO!! but then the thought of a possible overnighter at wingham ( space permitting ) and not having to drag tons of tackle for just the day convinced me if I could be canny and wait until the final seconds before bidding I might just steal a bargain!! and then the wife turned up with around a minute to go and the bidding at less than £40.00 for a new fox bivvy estimated retail around £150.00 and she asked why on earth I would want one of them and wouldnt the plastic beach shelter do! after my polite reply she said well you had better bid then so I punched in £50.05p...clever that the 5p and there I was the winning bidder with SH*T still 20 seconds to go ( I had meant to leave it to at least then to bid still no worries refresh and now still winning with only 7 seconds left, a quick switch to my e-**y and Bolloc*s outbid by a quid!! Plastic beach tent and lots of overcoats for me then ;)

At our local hardware store -

2-person tents £10

4-person tents £20

'nuff said.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

a quick switch to my e-**y and Bolloc*s outbid by a quid!! Plastic beach tent and lots of overcoats for me then ;)

Thats not of course how it works. The winning 'snipe' was possibly for a lot more that £50 but Ebay takes the lowest increment of that bid in this case £1.

You're not alone - I lost a Vertice pole with 5p difference between my snipe and the winning bid of £70.05. I'll be kicking myself for a while over that one.

Tony

Guest tigger

I just won two Shakespear Cypry 2 man camo bivvy's for 50 notes each including post on ebay, one for me and one for a m8. I don't know how good they'll be but for 50 ripp's they can't be that bad............I'll soon see when they arrive.

I just won two Shakespear Cypry 2 man camo bivvy's for 50 notes each including post on ebay, one for me and one for a m8. I don't know how good they'll be but for 50 ripp's they can't be that bad............I'll soon see when they arrive.

Hi tigger,

Not being a tackle tart I have always had Cypry bivvies and they are great, the only thing I would reccommend as with any tent, put seam sealer on all the seams and Fabsil it before you go fishing with it. Mine last for years and the new ones are very spacious.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed, you got a real bargin there.

lyn

PS. KAYC, I noticed Halfords are doing a dark green tent which would be ideal for fishing, I can't remember the price but it was on offer :huh:

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Thanks for the replies all, only really posted because I thought it might raise a smile or two !! . Actually I have probably got a small tent somewhere in my garage but I must say who would pay the prices quoted for bivvies when there are such good prices around, Hey I even get 10% discount at Tesco!!

Tight lines.

Guest tigger
Hi tigger,

Not being a tackle tart I have always had Cypry bivvies and they are great, the only thing I would reccommend as with any tent, put seam sealer on all the seams and Fabsil it before you go fishing with it. Mine last for years and the new ones are very spacious.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed, you got a real bargin there.

lyn

Well that's good new then, nice to hear from someone who's got one "especially when they like it". Thank's for the info Lyn.

Kayc

I have a brolly type single skin Bivvy you can have (a bit like the old Scruffy Bob type conversion), iyts got the built in storm rods sides everything, just give me a call.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.