Soozy U's minor setback (was "Bad News")

Tony U

We have just received the news that Sue has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer; thankfully it is still in its early stages so we are confident that she will make a full and complete recovery.

She is due to start her chemo therapy next week; so all our holiday and fishing plans have been put on hold for the time being. Once she finds out how she copes with the treatment we will be looking to spending a few days fishing and perhaps a weekend or two away, but Cuba has been cancelled we will go when she is better.

The next few months are going to be difficult for both of us and I just hope my gammy hip is up to the challenge, (well it will have to be won't it) and we both hope to be there at Timsbury with you all celebrating Sue's recovery with a glass of mulled wine.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, I wish Sue all the best for a complete recovery.

As for your hip, I'm sure a little dancing will help.

With every good wish to you both.

Alan

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Tony

Horrible news for anyone to get.

Please wish Sue the very best for a full recovery.

Best wishes to you both

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Best wishes to Sue and yourself Tony, I wish Sue a speedy recovery and many more years of providing tinctures at the bankside.

Mark

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Oh hell, how awful for both of you. Caught early, though, so that's something. The odds are in your favour. Best of luck. The thought of Cuba will be something to look forward to through the chemo.

My very best wishes to yourself and Sue, the good thing is that it was found early.

John

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

So sorry to hear that Tony and Sue, but as you say, thankfully it is in the early stages, and modern treatment is so much more effective than it was even twenty years ago.

Lets all look forward to that postponed trip to Cuba when Sue has made a full recovery.

As for your hip, I'm sure a little dancing will help.

Yep, ribbons, bells and whistles - the full works :)

You could in addition try a lubricant such as Glenlivet, Highland Park, Talisker or Oban.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...