Soozy U's minor setback (was "Bad News")

Tony U

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jan V
We have just received the news that Sue has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer; thankfully it is still in its early stages so we are confident that she will make a full and complete recovery.

She is due to start her chemo therapy next week; so all our holiday and fishing plans have been put on hold for the time being. Once she finds out how she copes with the treatment we will be looking to spending a few days fishing and perhaps a weekend or two away, but Cuba has been cancelled we will go when she is better.

The next few months are going to be difficult for both of us and I just hope my gammy hip is up to the challenge, (well it will have to be won't it) and we both hope to be there at Timsbury with you all celebrating Sue's recovery with a glass of mulled wine.

Tony

Sorry to hear this, Tony, but as others have said - the odds are way in Sue's favor. No Cuba? Does that mean maybe a trip to Wingham if Sue is feeling up to it? Seems Cuba was why you weren't able to join in the fun.

Jan

We had already realised this and if Sue is up to it and Steve gives us the OK, we will be popping down to Wingham to see everyone even if it is just for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Leon, thanks so much for the link, it looks fantastic and I am definitely looking forward to one of those fishing retreats, I am unsure if male partners are invited or if it is ladies only , but who knows , if Tony is spending more time at home I maybe in need of a break!!

Hi Sue,

They all sound a bit mad to me!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_73...013&bbcws=1

You should fit in well!!

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hi All. Thanks for all your kind thoughts. I am staying positive and getting on with whatever the docs tell me to do, and they are positive at this stage. Resorted to " its in their hands". Avoiding alternative therapy websites. Starting chemo next week and looking forward to a recovery soon; albeit a bit of along journey first . Medicine moves fast and everyone is individual I am told, no matter what stage. If I am not up to it, Tony will keep you updated but I do look forward to a trip to Timsbury later in the year - need to use my new unused WATERPROOF camo 2 piece!

Leon, thanks so much for the link, it looks fantastic and I am definitely looking forward to one of those fishing retreats, I am unsure if male partners are invited or if it is ladies only , but who knows , if Tony is spending more time at home I maybe in need of a break!!

Sue

Hi Sue

I will echo what others have said and say that it is very treatable these days. Matthew's stepmother had it a few years back and she is doing really well and our football club secretary had it last year and she is also doing really well. My friends brother had it, twice and he's fine.

It depends how much chemo etc you have as to how rough it will get but it better to stop it in it's tracks. Hope to see you at Wingham for the day and I will come down to Timsbury to raise a glass for you this year to celebrate you getting better ;)

If there is anything at all I can do you only have to ask.

Take care, will be thinking of you

love lyn

x

PS I was watching that 'Casting for recovery' on TV and they were saying how benificial it is and it has made a lot of non angling women into angler so double bonus there!

Edited by lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Not being as PC literate as Tony I dont know how to change the title of this thread but I am sure he will manage it! None of this "Bad News " stuff! The good news is that it is treatable and I will be under the weather for 6 months and then, onwards and upwards. Tony will keep you informed but up to now I havent heard the Drs say it isnt something they cant cure so I class myself as one of the lucky ones. I start chemo Friday and cant wait ( sounds weird I know!)

Lyn, thanks so much for your kind messages, maybe we could go to one of those ladies trout fishing retreats when feeling up to it?

cheers Sue X

Sue best wishes Love,and get well soon.

From the big fella :thumbs:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Not being as PC literate as Tony I dont know how to change the title of this thread but I am sure he will manage it! None of this "Bad News " stuff! The good news is that it is treatable and I will be under the weather for 6 months and then, onwards and upwards. Tony will keep you informed but up to now I havent heard the Drs say it isnt something they cant cure so I class myself as one of the lucky ones. I start chemo Friday and cant wait ( sounds weird I know!)

Lyn, thanks so much for your kind messages, maybe we could go to one of those ladies trout fishing retreats when feeling up to it?

cheers Sue X

I think a mod will have to change it for you Sue.

May I be so bold as to suggest, 'A minor setback' as it seems to suit your attitude to the situation. ;)

Take care

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

As the originator of the thread I'm quite happy for a moderator to change the title of the thread to Soozy U's minor setback'

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.