Antivirus 2009

Colin Brett

no but strangely norton has installed two new versions of their software ,i was running 2007 then upgraded free (i said free) to 2008 ,then 2009 with the same time left on the clock as 2007!!!!!

weve heard bad things on here about nortons but i only ever noticed nortons resource grabbing in 2006 which was quickly sorted after a few updates

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

use a online virus / trojen checker to find & remove it (all the top brands do one) as its probably caused by a backdoor trojen so your installed anti-virus won''t see it ,as the first thing they do is tell them to ignor it ,and they open a port and start downloading their payload .sometimes its harmless exe files ,sometimes its mallware and sometimes it downloads (and runs) malicious software that alters your securites permissions slowly denying you access to even your own files or it might thrash your explorer.exe to monopalise the cpu resourses thrashing it so your pc slow down to a standstill .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Anyone come across this one yet??

A friend [really] called to say his computer is throwing up pop ups saying he has all sorts of nasties and to download now.

So be aware it's a malware program.

I had one that changed my desktop wallpaper to look like a pop up security warning, and recommended that I download their anti malware program.

It let in all sorts of rubbish and none of my anti malware programs even recognised it.

In the end I downloaded the free trial of malwarebytes anti-malware and scanned with that.

It cleared the problem and 78 viruses that it had let in, all free.

I use it once a week now and it finds things that avast and adaware doesn't

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I have just updated my Norton to the 2009 version. No probs so far that I am aware of, but it does seem to offer a few more bells and whistles. Cost me about £39 I think.

If I have a beef, it is that they just took the money from my card without asking if I wanted to update. But maybe I signed up for it last year :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• 1 month later...
I had one that changed my desktop wallpaper to look like a pop up security warning, and recommended that I download their anti malware program.

It let in all sorts of rubbish and none of my anti malware programs even recognised it.

In the end I downloaded the free trial of malwarebytes anti-malware and scanned with that.

It cleared the problem and 78 viruses that it had let in, all free.

I use it once a week now and it finds things that avast and adaware doesn't

I have spent 2 days trying to get rid of a virus and malware by using avast, adaware , spybot . I had a little success with Spybot but still was being hit then I came across malwarebytes anti-malware and could,nt believed what it found quite frightening really so for me Malwarebytes is the business

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

I have just updated my Norton to the 2009 version. No probs so far that I am aware of, but it does seem to offer a few more bells and whistles. Cost me about £39 I think.

If I have a beef, it is that they just took the money from my card without asking if I wanted to update. But maybe I signed up for it last year :)

Den

thats strange Den ,i was running 2007 got a free update to 08 then a free upgrade to 09 with the original time left from 2007 ,the 2009 had a blip and kept going into a loop with registration and a nice chap from nortons live flew my pc and put everything right .

i like nortons and only had problems with it eating resourses in the 06 version which was put right after a few updates.

i will buy the half price 2009 version to put in when my sub expires next year

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson