crab flavoured sticks

mike1234

i was speaking to my neighbour who fishes a few of the same venues as me and seems to find out a lot of the latest local trends anglers are using , as he gets out a lot more than me and spends a lot more of his time and money in the local fishing shops

in the past i have had some good results from his advice but have also had some days when i have sworn never to listen to him again

recently he said he as been using crab sticks (or whatever they are labeled now) and it as produced a few nice carp

has anyone here tried using this bait or have any thought on it before i sit around a lake for 8 hours with no chance of a take on it, the lake in question as a strict one rod per angler policy so i would rather turn up with a bait that i stand a chance of hooking a fish on

cheers

mike

Try freezing them and then cutting into bite size squares. Take em to the lake still frozen and you'll easily get them on the hook. You can also add other flavours to them as well.

Edited by jedibond

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Try freezing them and then cutting into bite size squares. Take em to the lake still frozen and you'll easily get them on the hook. You can also add other flavours to them as well.

Could you hair rig them? I'm guessing that a thin needle would go through it, but would it survive a cast?

i imagine that they are so rubbery cos they are held together with some kind of gel/binding agent that might dissolve after being in water for a while, and cause them to go soft but if we can fish with bread and luncheon meat i am sure there is a way of using crab sticks all i need to know now is if they work

i was hoping to go fishing tomorrow and try a few out but my girlfriend had other ideas so either sunday or next thursday i have decided i am going to give em a go and will let you all know