Who runs LANCASTER CANAL, Preston to Garstang?

SerenBlue

While clearing out my garage, I found my gishing tackle - time to go back, get plugged into nature methinks.

I used to fish Lancaster Canal, running from its end in Preston up to Catforth/Garstang.

Any idea what clubs run this stretch? Can I get annual permits?

Warmest Regards

While clearing out my garage, I found my gishing tackle - time to go back, get plugged into nature methinks.

I used to fish Lancaster Canal, running from its end in Preston up to Catforth/Garstang.

Any idea what clubs run this stretch? Can I get annual permits?

Warmest Regards

http://www.waterscape.com/canals-and-river...r-canal/fishing

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Right managed to get a hold of a rod licence. They could not tell me if Lancaster Canal had a close season March - June. Any ideas?

The tackle shop wasnt particularly forthcoming either, although they told me I that I do not need a Wanderer Permit....

:2:

I fish on lancaster canal all the time. Spin for pike. All you need is the normal EA licence. Even then Ive still never been asked for any licence off a baliff.

8 hours, 14 miles of walking up and down Lancaster Canal - not ONE FISH. used 4 maggots. But still it was a n-nice d-day out....<twitch>

Udhi

Fishin the Lancy isn't like fishing a river where you stalk fish. You have to develop a swim, feed it and the fish will come to the feed eventually. :lol:

Fishin the Lancy isn't like fishing a river where you stalk fish. You have to develop a swim, feed it and the fish will come to the feed eventually. :lol:

I used to fish this canal quite a bit in the 90s - always walked around as I am not keen on feeding (feels awfully like feeding goldfish in a pond and sneaking in a hook, cant stand it, feels like a breach of trust!), loads of Perch, eels, Dace (yup!, in a canal, by the park overflow) and silverfish.

All I saw yesterday was a small shoal of fry (3 - 6") and a dead bream.

Also noted, moron(s) had left fishing line on the ground, completely unacceptable in this century and warrants an unlubricated a$$ rape by donkey. :yucky:

Anyone else:

Do you know any other free to fish stretches of water near preston? River banks, streams, ponds?

TIA

I used to fish this canal quite a bit in the 90s - always walked around as I am not keen on feeding (feels awfully like feeding goldfish in a pond and sneaking in a hook, cant stand it, feels like a breach of trust!), loads of Perch, eels, Dace (yup!, in a canal, by the park overflow) and silverfish.

All I saw yesterday was a small shoal of fry (3 - 6") and a dead bream.

Also noted, moron(s) had left fishing line on the ground, completely unacceptable in this century and warrants an unlubricated a$$ rape by donkey. :yucky:

Anyone else:

Do you know any other free to fish stretches of water near preston? River banks, streams, ponds?

TIA