Centrepin Reels

tincatinca

I appologise if this is not to everyones interest however this is mainly to see if I can upload a picture. My camera cannot get down to the size required so I have been playing about with Photoplus which I have just downloaded :unsure: . If it works and for those who may be interested, the reels from left to right are

4" Richard Carter aerial gem

4.5" Adcock Stanton

4.5" Bob James

4.5" Okuma Sheffield

3.75" copy of a 1920 Aerial

Ray Walton rolling pin mk1 with spare spool

4.5" Trotting Special

post-8110-1208554100_thumb.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its fun playing and learning! One way of going small is to crop a big picture rather than resize for an avatar.

aa.jpg

Mind you, me being a computer Luddite has probably got it all wrong!

Damn! Still too big! A tad of minor resizing needed!!

Edited by Peter Waller

aa-1.jpgWell, I suspect that you get the idea!

Thanks for that. I will try cropping instead of trying to downsize through reducing the number of pixels. Ive had some strange results but as you say it is fun playing. I now make sure that I am playing with a copy and not the original :D

Glad that you got it right. Will you take a tenner each?

And heres me trying to convince the wife that they are a good investment and that I should buy more. I have still to tell her that I have ordered a Lythe but plenty of time to cross that bridge :D

Guest tigger

from left to right: youngs Purist 4 1/2 inch wide drum, Youngs Purist 4 1/2 inch narrow drum, Adcock stanton 4 1/2 inch, Youngs Bob james 4 1/2 inch, Greys 4 1/4 inch, Adcock Stanton 4 inch and a Traditional Angling/Richard carter Aerial Gem 4 inch. The wife says she doesn't mind me collecting some more pins as she's gonna Ebay them when I'm gone :huh:

Centrepin1web.jpg

Centrepinweb.jpg

my centrepin moneypit :rolleyes:

Edited by tigger