Centrepin Reels

tincatinca

Very nice Tigger, first time i have seen the Stanton in the black finish looks good.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't let her sell them for what you told her you paid for them :D:P:D

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

quote name='tigger' date='Apr 19 2008, 01:53 PM' post='821696']

from left to right: youngs Purist 4 1/2 inch wide drum, Youngs Purist 4 1/2 inch narrow drum, Adcock stanton 4 1/2 inch, Youngs Bob james 4 1/2 inch, Greys 4 1/4 inch, Adcock Stanton 4 inch and a Traditional Angling/Richard carter Aerial Gem 4 inch. The wife says she doesn't mind me collecting some more pins as she's gonna Ebay them when I'm gone :huh:

Centrepin1web.jpg

Centrepinweb.jpg

my centrepin moneypit :rolleyes:

Some crackers there and I do like those black Stantons especially with the drag adjustment as well. Will look even better when joined by the Lythe. Have you been tempted by the Witcher :D Ive added a picture of the Carter to show the lever check as opposed to the button. How do you find the Greys

post-8110-1208613661_thumb.jpg[

Guest tigger
Some crackers there and I do like those black Stantons especially with the drag adjustment as well. Will look even better when joined by the Lythe. Have you been tempted by the Witcher :D Ive added a picture of the Carter to show the lever check as opposed to the button. How do you find the Greys

Yeah TT I'm looking forward to the new Lythe, I've explained to the Wife that they will look much better when it moves in ;):lol: .

I've seen the Witcher but to be honest I prefer the Lythe and the Carter. I do prefer the lever check like on your Aerial Gem than the button on mine. I think the lever check is the most convenient/practicle style. The greys is super light and very smooth running the the strongest drag/ratchet of them all, only thing I don't like about it is it's a bit "bling" I prefer more subtle colours or if poss black.

Edited by tigger

Beautiful reels lads... craftsmanship at its finest. I checked out the Chris Lythe reels the other day... that young man loves his craft and it shows... nice to see a bit of "Olde English" engineering at work.

Rob J

Palm Springs Ca.

Show me someone who thinks they know everything...

I'll show you a fool...

Leave the area you fish... cleaner than it was before you got there !!!!

Guest tigger
Beautiful reels lads... craftsmanship at its finest. I checked out the Chris Lythe reels the other day... that young man loves his craft and it shows... nice to see a bit of "Olde English" engineering at work.

Rob J

Palm Springs Ca.

Yeah you can't beat the English engineering...........err...the Germans are quite good too, pity they don't do a CP.

Not so much a collection, but certainly a beautiful pair. :D

You will recognise the Adcock Stanton, the other i cannot divulge otherwise i would have to kill you. :lol:

Reels.jpg

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

You will recognise the Adcock Stanton, the other i cannot divulge otherwise i would have to kill you. :lol:

Reels.jpg

I can't wait to get my hands on my AN pin again - the tamer of giant grayling! Andy, generous chap that he is, has even offered to clean all the sticky sweetcorn juice off it. (And now that's been made public he won't be allowed to 'forget' :D )

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I can't wait to get my hands on my AN pin again - the tamer of giant grayling! Andy, generous chap that he is, has even offered to clean all the sticky sweetcorn juice off it. (And now that's been made public he won't be allowed to 'forget' :D )

That's it your dead. :D

Guest tigger

Reels.jpg

I do recognise the Stanton but I also recognise the other not so secret anymore pin ;) Two CP's is ample Medway but you know how it is "eyes bigger than your belly n'all that". I'm gonna limit myself to only having another one or two more in future :unsure: