Centrepin Reels

tincatinca

I would very much like to say the following to Andy ( The Craftsman Maker ), that the reel is one of the most wonderful pieces of engineering that i have seen. I gave the reel to my son who works for BAE systems as a Hardware Engineer and he was very impressed indeed.So in open Forum. Thank you very much Andy and i am sure the reel will be a great success for both you and Elton. :thumbs:

I do recognise the Stanton but I also recognise the other not so secret anymore pin ;) Two CP's is ample Medway but you know how it is "eyes bigger than your belly n'all that". I'm gonna limit myself to only having another one or two more in future :unsure:
Tigger, You greedy beast. :D

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would very much like to say the following to Andy ( The Craftsman Maker ), that the reel is one of the most wonderful pieces of engineering that i have seen. I gave the reel to my son who works for BAE systems as a Hardware Engineer and he was very impressed indeed.So in open Forum. Thank you very much Andy and i am sure the reel will be a great success for both you and Elton. :thumbs:Tigger, You greedy beast. :D

Just like to add my thanks to Andy as well for his fantastic work of art.Had my A.N. pin a few weeks now and am as pleased as punch with it.So far it has had a couple of outings to a Crucian lake but am looking forward to giving it a proper "road test" on the Kennet come the 16th June.

Just like to add my thanks to Andy as well for his fantastic work of art.Had my A.N. pin a few weeks now and am as pleased as punch with it.

Hey Andy... Where for art thou ????

Someone mentioned your center pin reel to me a week or so back... I am interested in getting my hands on one. How much are they and where do I place an order. Sorry if this seems stupid but I'm new to the forum and don't know everyone by their first names.... yet. Except those soon to be wed guys "Tigger and Budgie"... how's it going lads...

I heard great things about this reel and would love to hear some reviews as to how it compares with others. What I have heard so far is that the quality is astounding and apparently the reel sells for a fair price. Info... pictures... stats I.E. width... weight... diameter etc... please.

Rob J

Palm Springs Ca.

Show me someone who thinks they know everything...

I'll show you a fool...

Leave the area you fish... cleaner than it was before you got there !!!!

As this is rapidly becoming a Centrepin 'Show & Tell' thread - here's mine!

post-459-1208803359_thumb.jpg

Who can guess what they all are? :whistling:

C.

W O W ... Don't know what they are (Possibly Stantons ?) but they are beautiful... I don't go "green" easy but envious is the only word to describe how I feel.

Congrats C.

Rob J

Palm Springs Ca.

Show me someone who thinks they know everything...

I'll show you a fool...

Leave the area you fish... cleaner than it was before you got there !!!!

Guest tigger
As this is rapidly becoming a Centrepin 'Show & Tell' thread - here's mine!

post-459-1208803359_thumb.jpg

Who can guess what they all are? :whistling:

C.

Fron top left, Youngs Purist, Richard Carter, Witcher, Grice&young or Shakespear, ? , AN pin, Chris Lyth 1915 Avon.

Any near the mark Chris ?

Fron top left, Youngs Purist, Richard Carter, Witcher, Grice&young or Shakespear, ? , AN pin, Chris Lyth 1915 Avon.

Any near the mark Chris ?

Close! Very close!

Clockwise from the Purist (the one on the wooden box)

Richard Carter Aerial Perfection

Paul Witcher 1920 4in 12spoke Wide Drum (my lightest and most used CP reel)

(on the Shelf) Chris Lythe - similar to 1915 Avon - but this is a 3&5/8ths Diameter Wide Drum - bit of a one off prototype so I'm lead to believe!! Lovely to use (& it does get used a lot) - just wish it were an ounce lighter like the reel above it!

Andy's AN masterpiece - will be pushing the 2 Wide drums at the end for 'banktime' next season.

Paul Witcher Avon Elite - an early Paul reel (No.5)

And tucked away at the back - Shakespeare Black Eagle - cheap and cheerful - but very serviceable reel with a ratchet so loud (& stiff) it should be sold with ear defenders! Excellent for still water margin fishing.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Guest tigger
Close! Very close!

Clockwise from the Purist (the one on the wooden box)

Richard Carter Aerial Perfection

Paul Witcher 1920 4in 12spoke Wide Drum (my lightest and most used CP reel)

(on the Shelf) Chris Lythe - similar to 1915 Avon - but this is a 3&5/8ths Diameter Wide Drum - bit of a one off prototype so I'm lead to believe!! Lovely to use (& it does get used a lot) - just wish it were an ounce lighter like the reel above it!

Andy's AN masterpiece - will be pushing the 2 Wide drums at the end for 'banktime' next season.

Paul Witcher Avon Elite - an early Paul reel (No.5)

And tucked away at the back - Shakespeare Black Eagle - cheap and cheerful - but very serviceable reel with a ratchet so loud (& stiff) it should be sold with ear defenders! Excellent for still water margin fishing.

C.

Chris, have you got a favourite amongst them ? I like the looks of your Aerial perfection :thumbs: