Centrepin Reels

tincatinca

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As there seems to be a show & tell thing going on , here mine

MyPins.jpg

That's what I like to see, reels that have been used as intended, not as ornaments.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest tigger
That's what I like to see, reels that have been used as intended, not as ornaments.

John.

I use all mine (though not at the same time) I know they look clean but I give them a wipe off after use if there wet or muck up.

Just like to add my thanks to Andy as well for his fantastic work of art.Had my A.N. pin a few weeks now and am as pleased as punch with it.

Hey Andy... Where for art thou ????

Someone mentioned your center pin reel to me a week or so back... I am interested in getting my hands on one. How much are they and where do I place an order. Sorry if this seems stupid but I'm new to the forum and don't know everyone by their first names.... yet. Except those soon to be wed guys "Tigger and Budgie"... how's it going lads...

I heard great things about this reel and would love to hear some reviews as to how it compares with others. What I have heard so far is that the quality is astounding and apparently the reel sells for a fair price. Info... pictures... stats I.E. width... weight... diameter etc... please.

Rob J

Palm Springs Ca.

Thanks guys for your compliments on the AN centrepin, I'm glad you all like it.

Rob, I'm making another batch of reels at the moment and you'll be able to buy these through AnglersNet when Elton gets it set up on the main site. They should be ready early next month.

I'll pm you with a couple of photo's and a description.

Andy.

Thanks guys for your compliments on the AN centrepin, I'm glad you all like it.

Rob, I'm making another batch of reels at the moment and you'll be able to buy these through AnglersNet when Elton gets it set up on the main site. They should be ready early next month.

I'll pm you with a couple of photo's and a description.

Andy.

Will some of these have the modified spool to accommodate the finger/thumb in the spool winders amongst us?

Will

Will some of these have the modified spool to accommodate the finger/thumb in the spool winders amongst us?

Will

Sorry Will, I haven't forgotten you. I'm sorting the mod out at the moment, I've drawn something up and should have it made in the next few days. I'll send you a picture when its ready.

Andy

Sorry Will, I haven't forgotten you. I'm sorting the mod out at the moment, I've drawn something up and should have it made in the next few days. I'll send you a picture when its ready.

er, me too please :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• 1 month later...
Close! Very close!

Clockwise from the Purist (the one on the wooden box)

Richard Carter Aerial Perfection

Paul Witcher 1920 4in 12spoke Wide Drum (my lightest and most used CP reel)

(on the Shelf) Chris Lythe - similar to 1915 Avon - but this is a 3&5/8ths Diameter Wide Drum - bit of a one off prototype so I'm lead to believe!! Lovely to use (& it does get used a lot) - just wish it were an ounce lighter like the reel above it!

Andy's AN masterpiece - will be pushing the 2 Wide drums at the end for 'banktime' next season.

Paul Witcher Avon Elite - an early Paul reel (No.5)

And tucked away at the back - Shakespeare Black Eagle - cheap and cheerful - but very serviceable reel with a ratchet so loud (& stiff) it should be sold with ear defenders! Excellent for still water margin fishing.

C.

O

M

G !!!!!

What a fabulous collection! Words fail.

Does your wife know what that lot's actually worth? Just in case someone has you killed by a professional hitman, and then makes her a cash offer for them at your funeral.

Or something.

;) Superb reels- I'm glad you love them and use them.

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.