New to sea fishing

wisey

Hi all I havent long been back from perth in Austrailia where i discovered beach fishing, which i really enjoyed. Now im back and live in seaford in east sussex i have got the bug but am just looking for some general advice on how to get started and set up properly. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks wisey

Hi all I havent long been back from perth in Austrailia where i discovered beach fishing, which i really enjoyed. Now im back and live in seaford in east sussex i have got the bug but am just looking for some general advice on how to get started and set up properly. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks wisey

hello mate, my advice to you is to start at the bottom using small baits and learn how to catch the smaller fish before even attemting to catch the more difficult species ie ray etc. many people go straight in wanting the big fish and then blank eventually losing interest. if i was you id stick to fishing piers etc as they make casting less of a problem, you dont need whopping great 150 yards+ casting like you would on the more difficult beaches. i stick to fishing estuarys and creeks now as i find they contain more fish, bass, mullet etc to name but a few. have been trying for thornies but everytime i go conditions are not right and not living near the coast as such it makes it an expensive day. learning to tie your own rigs helps as well.