Dog problems whilst fishing

Jim Murray

Guest Rabbit
I know he has Neil.

How do I know?

Well, I read posts before I comment on them. :P:P

John.

Time John its all down to time,I don't have the time to read all posts, I just pick on the posts/posters who I know will be value for money....that's a compliment by the way you pompous old fart :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit
Yes i have and no money as the cruiser eats it all,There are lots of dogs at the marina where we keep her and they have a lose your berth if you dont pick up your dogs mess rule with bags and bins provided and yet still some dont bother.

Caught out one owner recently when her dog dropped its calling card and she just walked off,When i said are you not going to pick it up her reply was its only a small one.

I turned into the local grass straight away and did just that to the marina office i await events with interest!!!.

She was one of the most vocal at moaning about just this problem ,Bit like the locals that moan about speeding through there village/town and then are the first to get caught when plod and a speed gun arrive one morning.

Just people i guess funny old breed Steve.

Like you Steve i live right on the water Severn and Avon at Tewkesbury..so a small fishing boat would be a good proposition, but with all the costs and mooring fees it might be beyond us for a year or two. The potential to fish all those Zander hidy holes along the Lower Severn is exciting not to mention the Barbel. Sorry I havn't read all your previous posts..and Gozzer will put me right , but what type of fishing do you do from the boat?

She's a good looking bitch, looks as though she could repel a pirate or two.

Time John its all down to time,I don't have the time to read all posts, I just pick on the posts/posters who I know will be value for money....that's a compliment by the way you pompous old fart :D

Time (or more precisely the lack of it), is why I don't like my precious angling sessions spoiled by man nor beast.

Seeing as you have admitted that time can also be a problem for you. Maybe now you can understand my position better, in regard to the original topic of this thread.

By the way I think Steve is mainly interested in fishing for preds, and if I'm right has posted reports of good catches of pike and perch.

(you such really read more posts Neil, you might learn something. It's also a good way of 'interacting' with other anglers, and saves losing fishing time doing it on the bank :) ).

And as for the 'compliment', I'm glad to be of service, (even if it is only as entertainment value).

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

....that's a compliment by the way you pompous old fart :D

Gozzer, I would find that faintly insulting - I didn't think you were that old :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Gozzer, I would find that faintly insulting - I didn't think you were that old :rolleyes:

Yup, nearly as old as you. :P

And I've been called much worse, but the main thing is.......nobody on here believes a word Neil says anyway. :yeah:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

i am not surprised with your anti-social approach to anyone (or there dog) who sets foot in a 20 mile radius of your swim :P

I didn't think you were the type of angler that needed to exaggerate Mike. :rolleyes:

20yards is plenty. :)

John.

Guest Rabbit
Time (or more precisely the lack of it), is why I don't like my precious angling sessions spoiled by man nor beast.

Seeing as you have admitted that time can also be a problem for you. Maybe now you can understand my position better, in regard to the original topic of this thread.

By the way I think Steve is mainly interested in fishing for preds, and if I'm right has posted reports of good catches of pike and perch.

(you such really read more posts Neil, you might learn something. It's also a good way of 'interacting' with other anglers, and saves losing fishing time doing it on the bank :) ).

And as for the 'compliment', I'm glad to be of service, (even if it is only as entertainment value).

John.

Don't be harsh on yourself John, you are really one of the good guys on here, and I did have a peek at some of Steve's exploits via the profile thingy.

On a more serious note why don't you consider for the sake of stealth cover your self with a camo net on the bank. That would deter dogs, walkers, and errant anglers wanting a chat. It would provide the maximum cover for your fishing and they are pretty cheap too!!

There you are another tip, and all for nowt!!

Like you Steve i live right on the water Severn and Avon at Tewkesbury..so a small fishing boat would be a good proposition, but with all the costs and mooring fees it might be beyond us for a year or two. The potential to fish all those Zander hidy holes along the Lower Severn is exciting not to mention the Barbel. Sorry I havn't read all your previous posts..and Gozzer will put me right , but what type of fishing do you do from the boat?

She's a good looking bitch, looks as though she could repel a pirate or two.

Take it you mean the dog and not the boat :lol: and yes she is the best looking shephard i have owned by far and the easiest to train so a double bonus.

Your mate gozzer is right i do fish for preds mainly but since we have got the cruiser the girlfriend lets me fish off the back at night for Barbel and Carp if i can get her to have a few glasses of red wine first so i dont get the those hallibut pellets really smell and do you really need all this fishing gear onboard lecture ;) .

Most of my predator/pleasure fishing on the river is done from my Porta Bote see www.intramore.co.uk as you can keep them at home with little space taken up and make excellent river pike/barbel boats for the Thames or the severn plus you dont have Marina fees.

Nothing beats the thrill of landing big fish from a little boat in areas that only a boat gives you access to and these you can launch from anywhere you can get access to the river not just slipways.

Thinking of bringing mine down to try the severn around that area as its not a long way from here and fancy a crack at some Zander,after registering the boat will give you a shout if i do as nothing beats a local guide as long as you promise not to catch a bigger one than me ;) .

Also have a dory for sale after a last minute let down which her indoors is giving me stick about having on a trailer in the garden would take £500 for boat trailer and outboard will put advert up in relevant section later this evening.

Pity you and gozzer dont see eye to eye as you both seem alright to me but what do i know Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Pity you and gozzer dont see eye to eye as you both seem alright to me but what do i know Steve.

Neil's alright Steve, though I do start getting worried when he says something nice about me. :unsure: (thankfully it's not often).

As for seeing eye to eye, it'll never happen. I'm 6' 2", and I hear he's only 5' 4". ;)

John.