Dog problems whilst fishing

Jim Murray

Neil's alright Steve, though I do start getting worried when he says something nice about me. :unsure: (thankfully it's not often).

As for seeing eye to eye, it'll never happen. I'm 6' 2", and I hear he's only 5' 4". ;)

John.

Have to say even when people dissagree on here its nothing like as bad as on a certain predator forum which should be called clash of the egos at times.

Sometimes i think people read a early thread by someone on a emotive issue and then decide on that wether they like the guy or not depending on there viewpiont on that subject, Often wonder if there view would change if they went fishing with the other guy or not ie at a fish in ?.

When i come across a angler fishing whilst walking the dog its obvious which ones are dog people by there reaction to the dog[esp a big breed ] and equally the ones that are not so with a bit of that rare commodity common sense its possible to have a bit of banter with some without upsetting the others.

This is possible because my dog is right by my side not 300 metres in front of me but saddly its not a perfect world and would concede that the many of the owners around water/ public places are clueless/ignorant/selfish

as are many canoeists, mountain bikers and fishermen steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit
Take it you mean the dog and not the boat :lol: and yes she is the best looking shephard i have owned by far and the easiest to train so a double bonus.

Your mate gozzer is right i do fish for preds mainly but since we have got the cruiser the girlfriend lets me fish off the back at night for Barbel and Carp if i can get her to have a few glasses of red wine first so i dont get the those hallibut pellets really smell and do you really need all this fishing gear onboard lecture ;) .

Most of my predator/pleasure fishing on the river is done from my Porta Bote see www.intramore.co.uk as you can keep them at home with little space taken up and make excellent river pike/barbel boats for the Thames or the severn plus you dont have Marina fees.

Nothing beats the thrill of landing big fish from a little boat in areas that only a boat gives you access to and these you can launch from anywhere you can get access to the river not just slipways.

Thinking of bringing mine down to try the severn around that area as its not a long way from here and fancy a crack at some Zander,after registering the boat will give you a shout if i do as nothing beats a local guide as long as you promise not to catch a bigger one than me ;) .

Also have a dory for sale after a last minute let down which her indoors is giving me stick about having on a trailer in the garden would take £500 for boat trailer and outboard will put advert up in relevant section later this evening.

Pity you and gozzer dont see eye to eye as you both seem alright to me but what do i know Steve.

Hi Steve

The last fishing I did from a boat was when I was single and lived with my mate in Torquay. it was a 14 foot fibre glass 'clinker' with a Johnson outboard that went overboard in the midst of an easterly blow about 2 miles from shore. Thankfully the coast guard towed us in to harbour under the gave of the assembled 'grockles'. Catching and landing a 20 lb conger in such a small boat was fun!!

Of course it would be great to see you down this way if you could make it..plenty of water down this way that never gets fished!!!

Gozzers fine really, just a couple of Grumpy old men ...BTW yours truly always seems to upset some on here, but as you can appreciate it's never my fault <_<