Best Carp Bait

Elton

Posted on behalf of JoJo. Please add all replies to this thread:

what is the best bait to use to catch more/bigger carp this time of year

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'd say forget about looking for a magic bait, concentrate your efforts on finding where the fish are. Do that and there probably aren't many commercially made baits that they would turn their noses at - as long as you resist the urge to dip them into one of those chemical cocktails sold as boile dips.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Carp tend not feed as much in the colder seasons so fish mor eor less the same but for longer and use less bait and when the weather starts to get hotter start feeding up properly again and depending on the lake your fishing depends on the bait you should use. if im fishing a small pond which is mainly a match fishing then i use my little rod and float bread/dog buiscuits where as if i was fishing a large lake for the day and the night id perhaps use boilies dipped in some glug

hope this help

tight lines

mike finlay the carpinator

One of my best sessions during the month of May was when I was using bog-standard, plain, uncoloured, unflavoured, un-anythinged chick peas.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

One of my best sessions during the month of May was when I was using bog-standard, plain, uncoloured, unflavoured, un-anythinged chick peas.

What brand, Peter? :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Next week, the best carp bait is going to be the one on the end of my rig...I hope :D

I'm going to take a selection of baits, but I'm hedging my bets that the last dozen or so Snail and Shell boilies that I have from M B Baits will do the trick, along with the kilo or so I have left of Rahja Spice from Quest Baits. I've also got a few shelf life Liver B8 from Quest. I'll take a small amount of back up baits, too.

What's the betting that if I do catch, it will be on a seed from my home made particle mix? :D

Elton, do yourself a real favour and take some Fox feeders, a pint of red maggots and a fairly plain method mix. Mix some maggots in the method mix, 8/10 maggots on a no 4 (no hair) short hooklink.

"Doing the business" down here at the moment...got the boily men really puzzled :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic