My new boat!

basshead07

Hi all, on the 19th of april my dad bought me my first boat! its a 20ft fishing boat i dont no much about it at the moment but i do no it has a cooker, fridge, toilet, 50hp engine, fish finder/gps, 2 beds, 2 life jackets, 4 rod holders and a radio. hopefully me and my dad are gonna go this weekend fishing on it ( so watch on the news for the shipwrecked boat :P) but i dont no nothing or nowhere to go! we dont want to go out far as it is our first but we would like to no if any anglers that go out from portsmouth no of any good spots? and wat tackle and bait would i use? all help would be greatly appreciated !

Tight lines Jay

P.S few days late but here is the picture of my boat i edited my first post! :)post-6836-1209078192_thumb.jpg

Edited by basshead07

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Hi all, on the 19th of april my dad bought me my first boat! its a 20ft fishing boat i dont no much about it at the moment but i do no it has a cooker, fridge, toilet, 50hp engine, fish finder/gps, 2 beds, 2 life jackets, 4 rod holders and a radio. hopefully me and my dad are gonna go this weekend fishing on it ( so watch on the news for the shipwrecked boat :P) but i dont no nothing or nowhere to go! we dont want to go out far as it is our first but we would like to no if any anglers that go out from portsmouth no of any good spots? and wat tackle and bait would i use? all help would be greatly appreciated !

Tight lines Jay

Nice one Jay,wish I had a dad like you !!!!!! Never owned a boat but have boat fished for over 40 years and the only advice is think safety first every time,especially as you appear fairly new to the game.

The sea takes no prisoners mate

I am sure your next reply will be a sober sensible one :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

big tides in the solent this w.end Jay, if i was you and it was my first trip in a strange boat I'd be sticking to the harbours mate untill I was confident that everything works as it should and that you know how to work it. Is it on a trailer or moored ?

hi all, at the moment its in a boat yard (only a small club owned one) so we cant travell far because we have to use the clubs trailer, but we are looking for a trailer could anybody help me on that? and also were not off boat fishing this weekend because my nan has sadly passed away on the 7.4.08 after a four year long battle with cancer and the funeral will be on the monday and as most shops are shut saturday and i have school tommorow saturday will be my only chance to get a nice new suit. for all you who dont no (the majority off you) she wasa the only person to witness my first ever carp and helped me all through my fishing career she will be missed dearly R.I.P

Tight lines Jay

Edited by basshead07

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Best thing to do is get yourself on an RYA power boat corse, level 2, you'll learn almost all you need to know about boat handling. I think its about £175.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com