Bringing Skate Bodies Ashore

Elton

Hiyer Norrie, i looked at two of those and the one featuring Joe i was dissapointed with the small size of the fish he was using, the wings looked smaller than what you see in the supermarket.

Yohanwu's i thought it was a bit wastefull to cut them straight down until i see him cutting and using all of the body, so they made more use of the ray then us westerners do. They even used the neather reigion bits, :yucky:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Wurzel's post in, I swear, 10 seconds flat!

Scroll down this page:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Boat-Tr....html&st=10

By the way, I typed 'wings' in the search box and 'wurzel' in the username box.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I found Wurzel's post in, I swear, 10 seconds flat!

Scroll down this page:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Boat-Tr....html&st=10

By the way, I typed 'wings' in the search box and 'wurzel' in the username box.

That's cause we're useless, ain't we Norrie :whistling:

Thanks Elton you are a star :D

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The tainted flesh thing is the amonia smell some Ray and Sharks exude in the mating season or if they start decomposing I think all the skinning in the world wont help if they are that smelly in my opinion

Ive frozen em skin on, skinned them on the boat,done them in my house the next day, to be honist they never taste any different, the absolute best way is to get some other mug to do them whilst you are catching them.

I am of the same oppinion as Barry nowdays and sort every thing out on board, I gut all my fish as I catch them,

I think the not landing them whole was a piece of victorian prudishness, Whether it was law or not I dont know I think it could have well been a market bye law

I like to see them go back these days any way.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

That's cause we're useless, ain't we Norrie :whistling:

Thanks Elton you are a star :D

LOl, You speak for your self mate... :P :P

I only searched back as far as June 2006!!!

is this what yer going on about..:):)

"just use ordinary pliers or some times I use a dry rag, cut a thin 1/4 inch strip off fron the nose to the wing tip, cut just under the skin, along the top where the wing meets the body making a flap of skin to get hold of and pull, never cut the wing off before skinning, it leaves nothing for you to hold, you can cut the head end out then the tail end leaving the wings joined in the middle, less mess at home ,"

Excellent post there BTW..:)

5Bellies, Thanks for the info, I'm sure i knew that, just didnt remember it..:)

NOW, What about the Law!! :rolleyes:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

"just use ordinary pliers or some times I use a dry rag, cut a thin 1/4 inch strip off fron the nose to the wing tip, cut just under the skin, along the top where the wing meets the body making a flap of skin to get hold of and pull, never cut the wing off before skinning, it leaves nothing for you to hold,

Does that mean you can hold it by it's bits. :lol:

Edited by barry luxton

The tainted flesh thing is the amonia smell some Ray and Sharks exude in the mating season or if they start decomposing I think all the skinning in the world wont help if they are that smelly in my opinion

Ive frozen em skin on, skinned them on the boat,done them in my house the next day, to be honist they never taste any different, the absolute best way is to get some other mug to do them whilst you are catching them.

I am of the same oppinion as Barry nowdays and sort every thing out on board, I gut all my fish as I catch them,

I think the not landing them whole was a piece of victorian prudishness, Whether it was law or not I dont know I think it could have well been a market bye law

I like to see them go back these days any way.

That ammonia smell is actually urea. Sharks and other elasmobraches use urea to help maintain their salt balance. Some species of shark have to have the flesh rinsed several times in salt water to wash out the pissy ammonia smell. I too think (but have no evidence) that this was indeed just Victorian prudishness.

Urea link

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

"pissy skate" was the exact term used to describe it to me the other day.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE