Bringing Skate Bodies Ashore

Elton

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, just in a bad mood :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

On my Mum's side the family was 'fisher' for many generations. Even in my life time, long time, many women would never eat skate. The reason being that their old man might have sought 'comfort' from a lady skate after having been at sea for a week or so! The jealousy of the fairer sex!!

On my Mum's side the family was 'fisher' for many generations. Even in my life time, long time, many women would never eat skate. The reason being that their old man might have sought 'comfort' from a lady skate after having been at sea for a week or so! The jealousy of the fairer sex!!

Ive heard the same tails my self, but when you see the thorns and rough skin on most ray unless they didnt mind injury I just cant see any one walking away from a liasion with a roker with his old chap in working order :D Ive never seen a Common skate so cant comment on them maybe they wax ;)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Hiya,

never seen a Common skate so cant comment on them maybe they wax ;)

If your are in to sadomasochism then a Common would be the choice, the thorns on their tails quite happily slice through even 80lb mono and pretty much anything that gets in it's way :o:o

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hiya,

If your are in to sadomasochism then a Common would be the choice, the thorns on their tails quite happily slice through even 80lb mono and pretty much anything that gets in it's way :o:o

That's what I thought. A big shark liver slit with a filleting knife might be different ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Shark campaigners are seeking to change the legislation so all skate and rays species are landed whole.

At present it is difficult to ascertain the detailed assessments of population trends of any individual ray species as an ID is difficult by just the wings.

Commercials will also have to take them to the market as individual species not lumped together as skate

This was recommended by the ICES Elasmobranch working Group.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk