Final Weekend of the Season

Chris Plumb

What are people's plans?

Rusty and I are hitting the middle Kennet on Monday and I intend to have a couple of 'peripatetic' days tomorrow and Saturday - still not exactly decided where I'll concentrate my efforts atm then on Monday I'm hoping to be spoilt for choice between chub, perch, big dace, grayling and I might even throw in a pike rod as I'm visiting this swim.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bc_hNiIyv8 (from 29.57)!

Anyone else hitting the rivers this weekend?

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Yesterday's rain has really stuffed my end of season plans. Today the Kennet at Brimpton & Colthrop was a mess and the canal at Thatcham was near its banks and too coloured. My favourite section of the Thames is boiling and probably won't recover before the end of the season. Steve Walker, JV44 and I will be out over the weekend, we're just trying to figure out a plan, perhaps Lambourn grayling. The good news is that there's no more rain forecast for the Newbury area so by Monday the Kennet should be looking very good indeed.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I'm hoping to get onto my local stream on Monday after a few Barbel and Chub but if there are too many other anglers there (and it is as mild as they say it's going to be) then I will just have to go to my local estate lake and start my spring Tench campaign a little early.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

When I've been meaning to get out my river fishing has been ruined by the rain. Just wanted a bit of settled weather, average river and some nice chub conditions. I'm sure people have been catching a few fish but it hasn't been my idea of fun out there. Was going to go for a few hours after work yesterday, checked EA river levels at lunch time and it was fine, by 6 o clock when I drove over the river the nights rain was in and it was ripping though again. Still, had the best autumns fishing I've ever had this year. Best of luck to anyone out this weekend. Bring on a warm spring and some tench!

"the countryside must be experienced in its worst weather to appreciate the shades of its beauty"

I had intended on having one last lure session on the Stour this weekend before getting the fly gear out in April, however the torrential rain we had a few nights/days ago has got the Stour bursting its banks and full of colour, it is receeding albeit slowly, so maybe by Sunday it will have recovered to a fishable condition. Absolutely gutted really as last weekend it was beautiful, low and very little colour in the water, i opted to do some gardening instead :wacko:

Had this beat up old warrior from the K&A Canal this morning....

The perch came out to play a bit later Chris, had a great dusk session upstream with half a dozen perch to 2lb taking lobs. I was amazed at how quickly both the river and canal had cleared.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Suspected dusk would be better - and would have fished then me-self if it wasn't for the BBC choosing to air the Reading game on a Friday evening.....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog