Botia striata - chasing/bullying

Andy_1984

Had two botia striata for a while now (golden zebra loach im certain) they dont look like normal botia. More like candy stripe or yoyo loach.

Anyway. One of em keeps chasing the other away under the filter but the other is looking to cosy up to it but other is having none of it :lol:

Pretty neat fish they click like clown loaches when they are feeding oj certain things.

• Like 1

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Botia striata AKA Botia striatus, Botia striata kolhapurensis.
Common names; Zebra loach, Candystripe loach.

Botia almorhae AKA Botia lohachata.
Common names Yoyo Loach, Almorha Loach, Pakistani Loach, Reticulated loach.

Botia histrionica.
Burmese Loach, Golden Zebra Loach, Silver Striped Loach.

Whatever they are two are not enough.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

the two were fine up until just recently. one battered the sh*t out of the other. I mean like a serious beating and killed it. few days later the other died. no problems with my other fish. very weird.

That is wierd. That might be because you only had two. They are happier in gangs of for or five.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 3 years later...

I have 3 in my tank and thus far they are fine with each other and their tank companions. I no longer have shrimp and snails however.