My last couple of sessions on the river for this season...

Tigger

On the 11th of this month I managed to get out on the river, I arrived at 3pm just as the temp's where ready to reach a peak for the day (10 degrees), best time imo. I caught chub from the off and carried on catching them as I roved along the banks and dropped into likely looking glides. I was surrounded by wildlife again and my m8 the barn owl nearly scraped the top of my head on several occasions as it scanned up and down the banks for furry critters to feed to it's sprogs. I stopped counting the fish when I reached twenty but I reckon the finnishing number was well over thirty, quite a productive couple of hours...always is just as the season is about to close !
A few pic's....

march%2011%20chub%204.jpg

march%2011%20chub3.jpg

march%2011%20chub%20bag.jpg

• Like 2

Last session of the season started off pretty shyte, first cast across the river and my hook set firmly into a dried up plant stem overhanging the bank....I think my battle cry might have frightend off most of the fish mad.gif. Anyhow I had to pull for a break and lost my hook and seven bb shot straight out of my new tub of 'em!...got me old float back...big wow rolleyes.gif.
I re-tackled asap and got a chub after a couple of trotts through. I finnished up getting one more chub there and then moved off to another swim and caught several more chub. The wind was a serious pain in the harris and made trotting really difficult so I walked back to the car and drove down river to another spot I know, I caught quite a few chub in that swim but the tide came in and the water came to a stand still and just started to rise so I got back in the motor and went back upstream to a spot I know fishes well on an incoming tide. By the time I got there the river was still flowing nicely and rising slowly. The incoming did the trick and I hooked into a little powerhouse of a barbel that turned out to be the first of three. I was gonn'a carry on until the death but my line cracked off on my reel as I cast (must have got looped round the reel seat) another set of new BB's and the old float lost omg.gifmad.gif....I hate loosing stuff.
I reckon i'd had around twenty chub and the three barb's so I was quite happy with the last day of the season biggrin.gif.

march%2014%20chub_1.jpg

march%2014%202barbel.jpg

march%2014%20barbel3a.jpg

An old friend of mine put in apperance today, hunting to feed hungry youngsters, I know it's a blurry pic but I only have a cheap digi camera....

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 3

That was a brilliant end to this season Ian, well done! My efforts paled in comparison but I was at a lovely venue on the last day which sort of made up for the lack of fish.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

That was a brilliant end to this season Ian, well done! My efforts paled in comparison but I was at a lovely venue on the last day which sort of made up for the lack of fish.

Thank's Chris, I did enjoy those last couple of sessions, especially after the lack of fishing opportunities for the biggest part of the winter months.

I do envy you and Plummies venue on the last day of the season...lovely place to wet a line !...I looked at Plummies blog and had an enjoyable read of your day in which you did catch quite a few fish :).

Edited by Tigger