Bookings for Wingham Fish-In Sat 23rd to Mon 25th Apr 2016

Steve Burke

Not yet. Probably tomorrow evening or Friday.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

You'd be very welcome, Andy.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

honest im not as big an ahole as i sometimes appear to be :lol:

Nobody here thinks you're an ahole. It'd be one hell of a journey but if you could do it then I don't think you'd regret it. You must try to fish at Wingham just once.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I'll be sorting my gear out this weekend so I'll see if I have anything worth donating to the auction. It was good fun last year!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Please could I remind all coming to read the rules I've sent you. We have some unusual ones, plus others have changed recently.

In particular please note the requirement to be able to hit a take within 10 seconds. So please wind in, and also remove your bait from the hook, if you want to leave your swim.

We've never had a problem on a Fish-In, but we did have someone on a guest ticket break this rule. Needless to say he blew his chance of membership!

Had someone on my syndicate reel in and dump a baited pike rig in the margin inches from bank and went to the shops. Same person, 130 yards away from 3 pike rods.

Needless to say I didnt renew his membership. Its crap when you have to actually enforce some of these things that should be common sense.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

All too common I'm afraid these days, Andy, isn't it? I remember one of the early pike days at Ardingly Reservoir. One of the bank anglers(?) had spread his rods out over 200 yards of bank and was sat at one end!

I wonder if it started with some of the carp books written in the late 70s and in particular the 80s? Anglers then copied their idols, went off to the pub and a curry and left their rods out all the time. It seemed to become accepted in certain circles after that.

• Like 1