Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

I’d be really grateful if somebody could spend some time with me on Saturday marking/spodding a swim. I don’t have the gear for that and have previously relied on fairly inaccurate casting and chucking out balls of groundbait.

You don't need expensive gear, any old avon or feeder rod will chuck a marker float, and you can use the same rod with a big swimfeeder rather than a spod to get the bait in - just takes a few more chucks :)

Mat

Mat

Good luck to all those who are going, let's hope there's a few PB's show up.

I didn't apply for a place as we had a visit by burglars recently and I felt a little unfair on my Mrs leaving her on her own for several days..maybe next year.

Sorry to hear that, Ian, but quite understandable.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Sorry to hear that, Ian, but quite understandable.

Thank's Steve, it was a bit unnerving coming back home and finding the front door kicked in and swinging open, especially after only being out for an hour and a half doing the weekly shop at mid day. The scum where seen doing it, a woman and three men using a jaguar car. Someone passing by in a car thought they looked suspicious running in and out with the tv etc whilst wearing blue surgical gloves. He turned round and got a photo of their car driving away, perfect shot of the reg and the police didn't even allocate anyone to the case for several days!

One of the neighbours even has them on the dashcam checking next doors house out first...nowt been done though.

Terrible news Ian, very sorry to hear about that. I hope they didn't take anything of sentimental value, electrical stuff can be replaced.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Terrible news Ian, very sorry to hear about that. I hope they didn't take anything of sentimental value, electrical stuff can be replaced.

Thank's Chris, never imagined i'd ever get burgled! Good job I didn't come back while they where still here or i'd be on some serious charges myself.

As you say the tv and computers can be replaced but there was a few items they took that can't be replaced. I was amazed to see they completely ignored most of my fishing gear including the cabinet full of pins! They took a quiver with a rod and reel etc.

Anyhow, I don't want to snarl Steves Wingham thread up with my tale of woe.

As I said, good luck chaps and I look forward to seeing the catch results ☺.

Good luck to all, as we are preparing to move house, back to Northumberland we just haven't got the time to go this year. Still I will be able to get cheap Salmon and Sea Trout fishing on the Tyne and Coquet.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

The scum where seen doing it, a woman and three men using a jaguar car. Someone passing by in a car thought they looked suspicious running in and out with the tv etc whilst wearing blue surgical gloves. He turned round and got a photo of their car driving away, perfect shot of the reg and the police didn't even allocate anyone to the case for several days!

One of the neighbours even has them on the dashcam checking next doors house out first...nowt been done though.

Scumbags. Probably for the best that you didn't catch them in the act, if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

Bouncing this back to the top.

Only a week to go now so if anyone is in need of any kit, then this is the place to ask if anyone can help.

I will be taking some spare items; long extending rod rests, spare large landing nets, etc. for example, and I know Steve Burke will have long-drop bobbins available but if you need anything specific then put it on here and we'll see if someone can help.

Weather wise, it looks like it may be a little chilly so make sure you have the kit that will cope with cold weather. Summer weight sleeping bags won't cope with temperatures below 50F/10C and don't even think about not using a bedchair.

Anyway, see you all there for a great weekend!

Regards,

Steve C.

Just looked at the long range forecast as far as one can and have unretired the old Sundridge Igloo suit as at this time of the year parts of the far bank can be chilly once the sun (if it is out) passes over overhead. Like Steve I have several spare long banksticks amongst many other items of tackle but unfortunately no long bobbins. If anyone is short of anything shout up and I will see if I can help. Unfortunately I no longer have a spare bivvy and bed chair.