Wingham Fish-In 2016 Catch Reports & Thanks

Steve Burke

Please use this topic only for catch reports and thanks. This will keep everything together.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Rusty and Anderoo have a half share in a 3lb Perch I believe

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I've come home early today.

The Fish-In has got off to its usual slow start as the fish aren't used to the disturbance. The sharp drop in temperature certainly hasn't helped either.

Here are the fish I know of so far:

Christain T. a jack

Rusty 3-00 perch

River Rover 1-14 perch

Unfortunately the perch have spawned in the last few days so there's likely to be less caught. They hadn't spawned last weekend but on Thursday evening I dragged out some branches covered in perch spawn. So a few days ago these perch would have weighed a lot more.

Turning to the Carp Lake, bailiff Dan Taylor caught Wingham's first 60, a mirror of 60-08, this morning. It was caught at about 5.45, so just too early to qualify as a fish-in catch.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Ok, I admit it…I’m a lightweight fair weather angler, sorry, I bailed. Having spent a totally sleepness night in a rain battered bivvy with the local wildlife providing backing vocals (all night!) I couldn’t face the thought of doing that again. This morning the sound of Terry’s tractor was music to my ears. The auction look like it might raise a good sum, I hope it does, the bailiffs deserve it. Thank you.

My single day was very enjoyable though. Tactics were one rod with corn on the hook and a cage feeder stuffed with bread, corn and hemp, the other rod used lobs on a size 14 hook and a 3lb hooklength with a maggot feeder. I thought that scaling down might give me a better chance of perch. Huge thanks to Anderoo for spending a lot of time with me marking and spodding two swims, for once I was confident of repeatedly casting to the same spot.

The corn rod generated zero interest, all action was on the lobworms usually when cloud cover arrived. At first the bites were very picky and if I’d been on stillwater in Oxfordshire I would’ve sworn signals crayfish were present. The perch then gained confidence, the first un-missable bite occurred while I was cooking a burger talking to Steve, I missed it. The second bite came in the time it took Steve to drive round to the other side of the lake, he saw me landing something and called to find out what it was. It was a perch of 3lbs exactly (yes really), the forceps are 8 inches long including the finger loops;

DSCN1459_zps0ugghapo.jpg

Having put the fish back I was on the phone to Steve when the baitrunner screamed off again but I was too slow.

Thank you very much Steve for allowing us to descend on your fishery again, it’s a real privilege and although the weather didn’t help us this year Wingham still provides magical moments….particularly Second Platform;

DSCN1460_zpsb04akpnv.jpg

Good luck to those fishing tonight, I really hope you’re rewarded for your efforts.

• Like 4

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

This is the coldest weather we've ever had for an AN Wingham Fish-In. At 2pm it was only 5C(41F)! What's more there's been a stiff northerly blowing, making it feel even colder! We avoided a frost last night only because it rained. Not surprisingly little has been caught. Here's the scoresheet as of the lunchtime BBQ:

Cliff 63 - 3lb male tench

Rusty - 3-00 perch

Worzel - 2 to 2 1/2lb eel

Sharkbyte - 4 eels 2 to 2 1/2lbs

Russ - eel to just over 3lbs

River Rover - 1-14 perch

Dave Benbow - 2 1/2 to 3lb eel, 5-08 tench

Glyn - 7-01 tench

Vagabond - small eel

Christian T. - a jack pike + a PB eel of 3lbs+ (sorry, Christian, can't read my writing! Please confirm)

Anthony63 - 4-03 tench, 6-07 male tench

I'm afraid I bailed too - I felt like I was fishing well but after a blank 24hrs and worsening conditions I took advantage in a break in the weather and packed up in the dry before the BBQ. I feel a bit bad about leaving early but I hate the cold and especially the rain now I'm an old man ;)

Well done to those who caught and who will catch tonight/tomorrow. I'm especially pleased rusty had that 3lb perch as I can claim it too (see previous legal statement).

It was really great to catch up with everyone though and that alone made the trip more than worthwhile. The auction was good too, I'm glad my books have found new homes.

Thanks as always Steve for the invite and sorry I couldn't scratch anything out of a good swim. Thanks too to Peggy for another great BBQ and for the bailiffs for the usual services.

Good luck to all that have stayed on!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Steve W has managed a Tench

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: