New on here

poler

Been a member for a wile but this is my first post,thought it best to introduce myself,as you might guess by my user name i am a pole Angler,just a ordinary Angler i might add,not into match fishing but good luck to those who are i say.

Been a Angler for many years,nothing i love more than using natural baits in my fishing,anything from Worms to Maggots,the odd meat bait but thats it,never bother with pellets and such,bit of a old way type of Angler you could say but thats how i like things,nice and simple,why complicate things i say,i just like to wet a line,don't matter what i catch has long as i have a nice day out,thats just about it,sums me up,a bit of a bore but i do know my fishing well after so many years doing it i should know i guess.

Been very reluctant to use fishing forums after having a few members of other forums i joined on my back,not everyone sees things my way and sometimes i might come accross as a,i know it all kind of person when in fact it is the other way round,i just like to put my views over thats all on most subjects and because i might not use or do the things i mention don't mean i don't know what i am talking about,thats been the problem on some sites i have joined,some members thinking i don't know,well i let the moderators read this and say thank you for letting me join,i look forward to enjoying my time on here.

Tight lines and good luck. :bye1:

Take life as it comes,you get one chance so enjoy it.

Hello poler, and welcome to Anglers Net :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Thank you John,i am sure i will enjoy it here.

Been very reluctant to use fishing forums after having a few members of other forums i joined on my back,not everyone sees things my way and sometimes i might come accross as a,i know it all kind of person when in fact it is the other way round,i just like to put my views over thats all on most subjects and because i might not use or do the things i mention don't mean i don't know what i am talking about,thats been the problem on some sites i have joined,some members thinking i don't know,well i let the moderators read this and say thank you for letting me join,i look forward to enjoying my time on here.

Tight lines and good luck. :bye1:

We've all got our own opinions on here, and that is mostly respected, (and appropriately moderated when it's not).

Quite a few of those who still post here (it's a lot quieter than it used to be) are "grumpy old farts" (which, without wishing to be rude, is a description you sound like you would fit) who like nothing better than the old ways so you'll hopefully feel at home. ;)

Welcome aboard. :bye1:

Welcome Poler!

Nothing wrong with having a favourite method! I am a bit of a butterfly where methods go, most of the last year has been ultralight lure fishing with tiny soft plastic lures, but also some trotting, quivertipping, fly fishing, waggler fishing, scaled down carp-style bite alarms & bolt rigs for tench, and I even dug my old pole out for a few sessions. It wasn't a bad pole, 25 years ago, but I reckon even a fairly budget one would be lighter and stiffer now. Might treat myself!

We've all got our own opinions on here, and that is mostly respected, (and appropriately moderated when it's not).

Quite a few of those who still post here (it's a lot quieter than it used to be) are "grumpy old farts" (which, without wishing to be rude, is a description you sound like you would fit) who like nothing better than the old ways so you'll hopefully feel at home. ;)

Welcome aboard. :bye1:

Thank you Ayjay..yes i am a Grumpy old fart in my ways,been around too long to change now,i respect everyones opinions provided they are not insults and i am all for the moderaters doing there jobs,i moderate and administrate on a few so know that the job is not easy and you get very little thanks in doing it......wish the posts would not need approval all the time though but i understand why :spiteful:

Poler - welcome to Anglers' Net. You'll find a wide range of styles & opinions on here but for the most part, also an acceptance of most views. Friendly folks are always welcome.

I know about as much about fishing the pole as a cat knows about calculus. I much prefer lures to any sort of actual bait. My wife & I are going to take a week for inshore fishing in Florida mangrove swamps this November and she will use shrimp or cut bait while I will use lures. She will outcatch me about 10 to 1 but we'll both have fun doing what appeals to us.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President