Bolt rigs for roach etc

some may never get caught again by you perhaps they are caught often by other anglers

or perhaps they are poached by non-members and end up in an exotic fish stew.

But seriously, there is quite a good grapevine re the waters I fish, and bragging rights would see that I got to hear (well, learn anyway) about it. That does not seem to happen.

...and a lot of "my" waters are, in effect, just that. In numerous visits, at various times of the day, I rarely see another angler, nor see any sign that any have been.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

You removed their eyes...what both of 'em ? Lol

Had to make sure they didnt lose one accidentally and cock up the results LOL

Funny things fish we had one stocking of roach with black spots (some harmless infestation i was told) took two years before anglers pointed out these spotty fish at the opposite end of the pond (as you know stockbridge is long and thin) but within a week a stocking of small tench appeared all over the pond

As for the spotty roach not seen one for years they either changed their spots or all died or perhaps the heron had a liking for them?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I would be a happy bunny,

Post #9, this thread, although confirmation is not needed, as the styles of posts #5 and #10 are unmistakable, and subsequent events are running true to form.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Post #9, this thread, although confirmation is not needed, as the styles of posts #5 and #10 are unmistakable, and subsequent events are running true to form.

I have given you too many clues, some not very subtle, however Tigger still commented that ''I did not know him from Adam''. :doh: However in truth, as I have said I do enjoy chatting and contributing wherever I can, but this place is odd, there is a undeniably a reluctance to expand beyond the few posters that are left, and welcome other 'new' members, it would appear any 'newbies' are viewed with disdain, unless of course they confirm to the rules that are very much the rules of the ones that actually occasionally post. Not the rules that are AN's.

Although I can see that Forums such as these are declining in popularity, due to Facebook etc, there is still an opportunity to welcome new blood, however witness this ganging up on one member, and the obvious insecurities you collectively feel, about me!! Crazy really, all because I seek to be honest and not blow smoke up up your backsides, if I think something is wrong I will say, and not feel bonded by the rules that tie you lot.

Of course we don't have to agree all the time, in fact that is how move on in life, can you imagine if we all agreed? The Earth we would imagine to be flat, and Religion would have an even greater hold on us, but instead of considering views that don't conform with our own thinking as troublesome and uttered by a trouble maker we should welcome and debate, because Gents that is the very nature of progress, evolution, and well, being Human.

Chesters calls me an Arse, and Tigger a nut job, or worse, however that tells me a lot more about them than me.

• Like 1

Blimey a tear has just run down my cheek ,OH wait i am peeling onions! carry on

I have no problem being ridiculed i expect tigger is the same ? But picking on an old guy whos well read caught more fish than the grimsby trawler fleet and has a life threatening condition of being old combined with white beard is definitely below the belt ,as they say if you dont like heat dont put coal on a fire

Everything said about me is probably true or is not ,as for tigger i dont know him from adam nor anyone else for that matter

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Blimey a tear has just run down my cheek ,OH wait i am peeling onions! carry on

I have no problem being ridiculed i expect tigger is the same ? But picking on an old guy whos well read caught more fish than the grimsby trawler fleet and has a life threatening condition of being old combined with white beard is definitely below the belt ,as they say if you dont like heat dont put coal on a fire

Everything said about me is probably true or is not ,as for tigger i dont know him from adam nor anyone else for that matter

Picking on Vagabond? When where...besides I am sure even if I was, he wouldn't appreciate being patronised like that, OR are we talking of Jesus of Nazareth?

May as well be for all the sense you make.

"Of course we get the every so often new threads that are asking for advice, that always seem to get turned into a chance to show what well travelled superb exponents of the art of the angle we are and you Noddy can do one....probably could never afford a Lythe anyway.. Noddy."

Undoubtedly aimed at our well travelled angler but the bile changes in one breath to someone else ,the stuff about me is true or not true

Cant do the highlighting bit in mobile version

And then ofcourse you turned on gozzer showing neil smart is smarter than the average angler and purile jokes only for little children .

You got caught out last time and your mouth will catch you out again you really just cannot see how little you have changed ,smart ? Perhaps in your sleep

And ofcourse within this thread 4 posts up? You were posting a reply to vagabond but implied within it everyone (including vagabond as it was within the post) was ganging up on you as for me i am not "tied" to anyone and all are fare game when the need arises

If vagabond knows who you are and pms me telling me i am mistaken about who i think you are you will have my humblest appologies for any posts by who i think you are but not for posts under this quise as you are doing quite well alienating yourself in this quise

Edited by chesters1

this place is odd, there is a undeniably a reluctance to expand beyond the few posters that are left, and welcome other 'new' members, it would appear any 'newbies' are viewed with disdain, unless of course they confirm to the rules that are very much the rules of the ones that actually occasionally post.

I'd like to respond, but I have more important things to do: such as trimming my nose and ear hair. :bye1:

"Of course we get the every so often new threads that are asking for advice, that always seem to get turned into a chance to show what well travelled superb exponents of the art of the angle we are and you Noddy can do one....probably could never afford a Lythe anyway.. Noddy."

Undoubtedly aimed at our well travelled angler but the bile changes in one breath to someone else ,the stuff about me is true or not true

Cant do the highlighting bit in mobile version

And then ofcourse you turned on gozzer showing neil smart is smarter than the average angler and purile jokes only for little children .

You got caught out last time and your mouth will catch you out again you really just cannot see how little you have changed ,smart ? Perhaps in your sleep

And ofcourse within this thread 4 posts up? You were posting a reply to vagabond but implied within it everyone (including vagabond as it was within the post) was ganging up on you as for me i am not "tied" to anyone and all are fare game when the need arises

If vagabond knows who you are and pms me telling me i am mistaken about who i think you are you will have my humblest appologies for any posts by who i think you are but not for posts under this quise as you are doing quite well alienating yourself in this quise

It's guise Dave, just for clarity. Listen up I don't really care, I really don't, how popular I am on here, or anywhere else for that matter, what I do care about is being honest and saying if I think someone is out of order, hence the comment regarding the Gozzer post, it was merely a comment a dig back if you like, and then everyone gets upset and that nasty man is, just Wabbit in disguise, what sensitive souls. I then get messages from Tigger, and then the abuse in posts, but that's fine. I don't have a problem with humour, I love it, and I would have thought that an Angling site would thrive on it, how wrong.

You hate 'pc' as much as anyone else I guess, and yet the irony is you are having a go for some reason as I apparently you have been offended by me on other members behalf, (Gozzer and Vagabond), see, this is the nature of AN.

Seriously have you had pm's about me? Really please tell. :kissing: