Opening Day Plans?

Rusty

Rich I had several good 3s last season all came from slower water a couple of hundred yards below 2 different weirs drifting the yak down jigging over clean ground between weed ,caught plenty of smaller ones in the weirs themselves

My Yak is now attached to the mother ship awaiting our departure onto the Thames can't wait ,went to see a couple of mates this evening who have set up for the start and watched 3 carp with them smallest a high double the other 2 much bigger not a care in the world bet the do one at midnight lol

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I had an hours fishing light down the river ,nothing but poxy trout why people are allowed to pollute rivers with them is beyond me

Spotted a sign which i removed infering the local fly fishers have the only rights to fish the river

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Working all day and only managed an hour on a still water.

Another surface caught carp in double figures, that's seven in four sessions from same water but a different peg each time as they follow the wind.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I also had a very enjoyable day at Marsh Farm with Mat and the IAC, a 2-08 PB crucian was enough for joint first place in the informal 'match', and thinking back it might well be my first of this species. What a great venue it is, though the advice that night time was the best time to fish certainly proved to be true.

I arrived at 06:30 to find the gates open and Mat already there so we setup and stated fishing. Most bites came in the morning, I had a tench of 4lb 'ish and then the crucian both on float fished red maggot. There was hardly any action during the afternoon rain showers and my ledgered corn was ignored all day. I left at 18:00 completely forgetting about Royal Ascot and the disruption it would cause on my route, three hours later I got home having picked up a doner kebab, from a van in Sainsburys car park (no ill effects so far).

It won't be long before I go back but next time it will be with bivvy for an overnight session;

DSCN1467_zpsfjsyyy5x.jpg

• Like 2

It's never a 'six', let's put it back