Oh dearo-dearo dear !

Vagabond

The problem lies with the premiership teams, and their love of buying up the best (for which read foreign) players. Then, when something like the Euro's or the World Cup comes along, all our best players go off to play for their own countries teams, leaving us with the also-rans.

Solution? Get more home-grown talent and stop buying foreign! A lot of the managers are foreign too now, what's wrong with buying British?

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woy Hodgson - he's Bwitish. :spiteful:

You know I meant premiership team managers :D

Just seen some facts on the BBC News24 channel - Hodgson earns (or earned) £3.5m a year as manager of the England team, Iceland's manager is a full-time dentist....

Population of England 53,000,000; population of Iceland 320,000 - less than the population of Hull!

Iceland doesn't even have a full-time national team, they are all volunteers, and the England Also-Rans got p!ssed all over by them :doh:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

If Hodgson was prime minister would he have gambled on the referendum?

If Farage was the England manager would we have qualified for the Euro's in the first place?

Edited by RUDD

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

My point exactly ,if i was a chauffeur who on occasion didn't drive would i be employed as a chauffeur ?

Comparing apples to ducks and reaching a conclusion - I am truly in awe of the way your mind works chesters. Truly.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

My point is is if a person is employed to score points and does not is he fulfilling his job? If be is not why is he paid ?

If people were only paid when they fulfilled their job then theres an incentive to fulfil that job ,if they are paid irrespective of doing what they are paid to do there is no incentive to do it

Remember at one time they were paid nothing ,football were amateur clubs ,athletics was amateur the Olympics were amateurs so why pay for what can be free?

Now its big business not football ,athletics and the olympics a million £ corrupt lot of shysters

All football is is highly paid actors falling over in the box trying to get free kicks ,if the team was paid a basic wage then rewarded highly for results the game would improve vastly

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You can't sack players for not playing well or doing their job right because football is a team effort,we let in a soft goal so sack the goalkeeper,we don't score so sack the strikers,before long we would not have a team to field if that was the case...look at Spain they went out as well and played rubbish,ok so it was against Italy but it is the same thing.

Football teams are put together by a coach/manager,if they do not perform right then he has to take the blame for not getting the tactics right,how many changes did he make?..every game he made changes in the Iceland game he made 6 and went back to Kane/Sterling the very players he took off at half time the match before and said they had had their chance and blown it,so he picks them again,who is to blame for that one..Hodgson played all the wrong tactics and we payed for it,Rooney had a bad Euro,he looked shot to me and if that is the best he can do now he needs dropping,he is not a striker anymore but a playmaker a bit like Gerrard was but Rooney was out of form and should not have started,letting Kane take all the free kicks as well was a no go,he is young and so much is being put on him at this stage and it showed,he was not the player we know,Vardy should have started instead,he looked eager to do well and ran all the time but he was not used the way he should have been,all these things add up to one thing,the manager got it wrong by playing players out of form and why Hart kept his place in goal i never know after the Bale free kick,he looked nervous and again he made a mistake from a shot he had covered,too late now but he should have been dropped..don't blame the players blame the team for going into this game in such poor condition mentally and only one man can be blamed for that and that is HODGSON.....don't worry though because we got Southgate to fall back on :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Take life as it comes,you get one chance so enjoy it.

Lots of suggestions, Poler, but if this had been a chess game, England were "lost in all variations"

Did you see Hazard's goal for Belguim against Hungary ? The sole English attempt of anything like that was Rashford's effort down the left wing in the only four minutes he was allowed on the pitch. Never mind, he's young, and our coaches will soon knock any such enterprise out of him.

Whatever happened to the cross-field pass ? I lost count of the passes back to- left-mid-field -to-left wingback-to-goalie-to-other wingback- to right mid-field- to right winger, only for that winger to send it all back the opposite way again.. Passing is fine, but this began to look like passing the buck. We were desperately short of incisive balls forward, and someone prepared to run at the defence. Neither are easy, but both are essential if you want to win anything.

Iceland reminded me of village football at its best. No fancy moves, just honest endeavour. If there was a 50/50 ball, the Icelander usually got there first..

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

So we left the EU on our own accord but were ejected from the Euros six days later?

Why are they even called the Euros as a lot of teams are not even in Europe?

:clap3: A prime example being the Eurovision Song Contest. How many are actually in Europe? Israel is in the Middle East, as is Cyprus and Australia is in Asia. How long before South Africa joins? :clap3:

We need to accept that at Association Football, we just ain't very good.

Why not ? - it's very different with Rugby Union and Cricket

To be fair, there were 11 Icelandic heroes on the field - you just have to admire their resolve.

:clap3: We had 11 individuals on the field, Iceland had a team of 11 players. Hart shouldn't of played after the Wales game as he was worried about his hair being out of place and Rooney was having a "bad day" and should have been replaced before half time. Over hit passes and poor deliveries on free kicks and corners, too old now. :clap3: