A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

I can be arsed Tig' - but there Seems to be a good few who sign up just to get some advise on a certain topic, then very frequently you never hear from them again once they've had it!!

I was a stalwart member of another fishing forum with around 4 or 5,000+ posts or so from myself, sadly for one reason or another it went the same way - ie with the same handful of members posting.

My fishing experiences are now limited to commercial match fishing - where one carp looks very much the same as another & therefore these days have little of interest to report, though I take an active interest in advising anglers based on my past experience on the Yorkshire rivers.

I've had my moments over the last 40 odd years lol.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

One thing which could help the "Ambiance" of the site it would be nice to be on "First Name Terms" with other members - instead of just username terms??

When one clicks on most members profiles (unless I'm missing something) there's a lot of blank info' re this??

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Could be that the spawning Chub in the pond were caught from the river, then Introduced & therefore not stock fish thus still have the urge to breed??

I think most populations of stillwater chub got there either by accident or by theft - the club waters I used to fish which contained them were populated with fish nicked from rivers during club matches. I remember seeing some dead barbel in the margins after one such match...

Another water had some very shifty looking committee members after an environment agency survey found chub in the pond.

I must admit i'm on the verge of vanishing, what's the point in bothering if no one else can be arsed.

I haven't been writing reports on my barbel and chub fishing on purpose this season simply because the stream that I usually fish has started to attract a lot more anglers than normal and I just didn't want to chance aggravating the situation especially as it has appeared on several angling videos and in the angling press a few times over the last couple of seasons so is fairly well known and recognisable; and I have always liked to attach photos to my reports Lol.

I think I am going to start reporting the occasional trip from now on. It'll be a shame if this forum goes the same way as a lot of other sites and we lose some of our prolific contributors like Tigger.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

One thing which could help the "Ambiance" of the site it would be nice to be on "First Name Terms" with other members - instead of just username terms??

When one clicks on most members profiles (unless I'm missing something) there's a lot of blank info' re this??

Martin, the majority of us still posting do know each others names and have been posting here for years. I've been posting here since 2005 myself and others since the forum was started in about 2000 I think. It seems people have just lost interest in the forum which is a shame as this used to be a busy place and had lots of posters contributing.

I think more people use the non fishing facility now on AN...just for moaning and arguing about everthing!

I suppose nothing lasts forever and facebook does seem to have a lot of peoples attention nowadays.

• Like 1

I can't see what everybody seems to like with Facebook. It is just a plain message board which doesn't have any meaningful structure or subject filters. Compared to forums I think that facebook is quite basic and rubbish.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I think it is just the ease with which it can be used and the fact that everyone is already on there. I agree that I would rather be able to come on here and filter to view coarse fishing etc and generally the people on here are far better than those I seem to see commenting and giving grief on facebook.

• Like 1

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk