A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

I'm gonn'a try and force myself out on the bank when I can but I got a new MTB plus yesterday, and I think fishing will be taking a back seat for a spell, really getting into the biking :). I hate the pain when climbing long steep hills but when I get home I want to get back and do it again....wierd in'it ! lol.

Ye get on ya bike and leave the fish for the rest of us. I can see my bag weights doubling. :)

Don't do it Ian, you know Brian only wants to see what you look like in lycra! :wub:

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm gonn'a try and force myself out on the bank when I can but I got a new MTB plus yesterday, and I think fishing will be taking a back seat for a spell, really getting into the biking :). I hate the pain when climbing long steep hills but when I get home I want to get back and do it again....wierd in'it ! lol.

I have been riding a 26 full suspension kona and a 27.5 hardtail bianchi.

Love em both and my angling has taken something of a bsck seat.

I even ride at night off road, a bike ray iv lights the way!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I have been riding a 26 full suspension kona and a 27.5 hardtail bianchi.

Love em both and my angling has taken something of a bsck seat.

I even ride at night off road, a bike ray iv lights the way!

A good m8 of mine uses his fat bike and loads up with his tent etc and pedals over 150 miles on and off road in the day to Bala lake and camps out overnight when he gets there. I'm in the process of upping my fitness levels so I can do it myself. I'm still only building up to it doing 10 to 30 mile rides but have been doing some horrible climbs (on roads) that make me gasp like a fish out of water. When i'm actually going up those hills I hate it but when I get home I want to go back and do it again....wierd in'it! I'm not really interested in off road just now and prefer to go uphill on roads to try and get stronger.

My m8 who does a lot of riding on his fatty used to do a lot of jumping and tricks etc (still does some) but has broken so many bones over the years whilst doing it he's always in a lot of pain so i'm ignoring that temptation at the moment lol.

I know a MTB plus bike isn't exactly designed for road use but it does make things harder and funny enough I have been passing gangs of cycling club members who are on carbon fibre road bikes :).

Mmm, I think your right, he's been wearing tights under his waders you know LOL.

Yes but I tried stockings and suspenders like you Ian and it was a little draughty. :rolleyes:

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Tigger,

You sound like an old friend of mine. He always went "uphill"... never could figure how he got home?

Phone

Lol Phone, I do go down 'em but I try and find the steepest ones to go up, and down, and up...etc etc :).

Living by a river its up going away and down coming back unless you float downstream where its slightly down all the way out hard work coming back

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson