A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

You didn't have to leger for em Chesters, I always float fish for them if I can.

Your missing out, get your trotting gear out and go catch some :).

As far as a know in the 400 odd yards i fish there are none,most probably the poxy trout beat them up!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You mean pictures? I haven't been able to post any for ages now because the lap top is goosed and I can't upload pictures off my blower onto a pad. I did take my wifes kindle with me today and got a few pic's and she did mnage to get them onto postimage. She put them on fishing majic forum for me but shes out now and I can't post em myself as I ain't got a clue about using computers, well I can post things like this and bid on ebay which is enough for me lol.

Oh, I had a cracking session again today in the same swim but the rain came and I think we are due amlot of rain over the next few days which will put a halt on the float fishing. I might force myself out to do some,legering if o ly to use up the maggots I have left.

I email them to myself ,its then available on any device ,getting them here is the problem lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Tigger,

I always love your pictures. They encourage me to go - kinda like a sharp stick in the butt.

Phone

Hello Phone, here's some pic's fish from a couple of days ago....

IMG-20181011-1451332-rewind-kindlephoto-

IMG-20181011-1540292-rewind.jpg

IMG-20181011-1655596-rewind.jpg

IMG-20181011-1656048-rewind-kindlephoto-

IMG-20181011-1727265-rewind.jpg

I do have some pictures of some fish I caught the day before that (wednesday) but there on my normal phone and I can't get the pics off it. Pity as my new PB barbel on the float is on there.

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1

Thanks Tigger,

I have a question about your floats. What part sticks up out of the water? I'm taking up dink fishing and I have some confusion in my mind. I've never fished with the "little" end up, always the long stick part up. Now, I believe I am WRONG in some instances.

Phone

Thanks again and another quick question. What time of year do barbel spawn? A couple look ready. Really healthy fish. I notice they don't have those little blemishes you complain about in the hot summer months.

In fast running water its fat up in ponds fat down .

We have nearly as many floats as anglers lol

99% of my fishing is not using the last of my quills but using 4" plastic *crystal* floats that have interchangeable inserts .

I attache the flaot the old fashioned way with a float cap (tiny silicone band ,you can make your own cutting bits off silicone tubing) ,some use a split shot either side waggler style but thats a bit advanced for me..

If still water i use a tiny shot on the bottom (or near it) 3" from the hook ,if a fish lifts the bait the float rises a fraction giving a clue a fish is biting ,its 50/50 striking it maybe just holding the bait in its mouth and you dont connect ,if you wait and the float moves sideways or goes under the hook rate improves.

I am a lazy angler i fish under the rod tip except in the river and if the fish dont oblige i dont change tactics fishing to me isnt about catching lots of fish

My float box has about 30 floats in it ,i use the above float if i break it i use its clone lol

As the float is so close i shot it down so 3 or 4 mm is showing if the water is a bit choppy i may go to 6mm or go home!

Now nothing i say is either complete or up to date ,no doubt everything i say is now wrong and old fashioned ,i stopped evolving in the 70's so crystals are my only venture into today ,i really started down that route because tiny lights can be poked into them which makes dusk a thing of the past !

I even use them down the river with no shot at all ,i just use them as an indicator the rivers only a couple of feet deep max so poking your rod out above a pool under the bank not high tech!

Edited by chesters1

Thanks Tigger,

I have a question about your floats. What part sticks up out of the water? I'm taking up dink fishing and I have some confusion in my mind. I've never fished with the "little" end up, always the long stick part up. Now, I believe I am WRONG in some instances.

Phone

Thanks again and another quick question. What time of year do barbel spawn? A couple look ready. Really healthy fish. I notice they don't have those little blemishes you complain about in the hot summer months.

Phone, if you open the pics up a bit you'll notice (on the last pic's) that the float has a shrter fatter bit (the body) at the top with a longish tip coloured in red. The long lower stem on that particular float is alloy. The float is held on the line via three rubbers which again you'll be able to see them if you enlarge the pics a bit.

There is a river float named the ducker which is really just a bodied waggler and fished body down below.

The floats in my pics are called bolo floats, they're just a slight variation on an avon float but have a more bulbous body. The floats I use have both alloy and carbon stems the alloy are a bit more stable in choppy water.

Oh, forgot to say, the fish spawn latw may to mid july so be a while yet. It's not spawn, they're just fatties lol.

Edited by Tigger