A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

I spent the afternoon fishing with my m8 Mike. We'd arranged to fish a club pool as the rivers were all out of sorts after the recent rains. When I arrived Mike had been fishing for a spell and since he'd caught all the fish in the pond infront of him I decided to fish another pool a few yards from Mike.

I had a few gudgeon, small perch, a little bream and a few carp, so a change from my usual quarry. I had a good time which was made even better by the company, thank's Mike :).

IMG-0109.jpg

IMG-0107.jpg

• Like 2

Tigger,

"A club pool" leaves me with the vision of you propped up in a chair with bank stick and bite alarm. Then I notice you don't have a proper rod and reel. Would you like me to start a campaign to get you satisfactory gear that won't embarrass we bank fishermen?

Phone

Nice common and lovely landing area. Must be a well run club.

• Like 1

It's a lovely water and the club is well run. Tigger has the best tackle money can buy and, unlike me, the skill to make best use of it. One day the people from the colonies may get a grasp on quality and finesse, qualities your president sadly lacks. It was a lovely common . All comments are made in jest and I plead the 5th.

• Like 3

I had an appointment with my brief (Mike) today at Mikes favourite water:).

Andy, another good friend of mine had a ride over with me to spend the afternoon fishing together with Mike. The sun was quite glorious but the wind had a distinct bite of winter in it!

We all had some nice fish, Andy and Mike had a good few crucians, bream, roach, perch, gudgeon. I had bream, gudgeon, several crucians and a couple of carp.

It was a seriously enjoyable afternoons fishing with two great characters and valued friends!

IMG-E0115.jpg

IMG-E0111.jpg

IMG-E0113.jpg

• Like 2

It certainly was and Ian's crucian and mirror were crackers. A thoroughly enjoyable day.

• Like 1

I had a few hours out today on the same water featured in Tigger's post but had to be content with smaller species . I remain happy with a variety of fish and this was a cracking gudgeon .

IMG-4312.jpg

Who said size matters?

• Like 1