A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

I meant from our discussions and the pics on eBay . You also told me you would give it an outing so a good combination. I have cleared by inbox on FM so will reply to your pm's when they come through which might be never.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a late opportunity to get on the lake outlet this afternoon.  I had literally an hours fishing before it was too dull/dark to see the float, so not much of a session, infact, hardly worth bothering!

Anyhow two chub saved me from blanking...

IMG-0303.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spare of the minuite trotting sesh today as the river had dropped off to a just fishable level.  If the rain holds off for a few days it should look much better.  Anyhow, the fish seemed pretty scarce but I did catch a few chub, nowt to get excited over but better than blanking...

IMG-0305.jpg

IMG-0308.jpg

IMG-0313.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blimey, how cold was it in the wind today!!

I only fished the last hour of daylight again today and I really don't think I would have fished any longer anyhow, the wind was strong and bonechillingly cold!

All I caught was a few small cub and a very large dace, but I was happy enough with the result, all things considered :).

IMG-0317.jpg

IMG-0315.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phone said:

Tigger,

Is the reel your Okuma Sheffield ? Stuck on an IM8 rod it isn't very well balanced is it.

Phone

Phone, 

The reel is an okuma aventa and the rod a normark avenger, don't know if they're balanced but they feel great together.

To be honest I don't have a balance issue with any of my rods and reels when any of them are paired together.... I really do think people make far to much of this balance nonsense.  I just stick 'em together and get out fishin'.

Now if I was going tight rope walking across the grand canyon I would be interested in some balanced tackle :).

Tigger,

Thanks - to a large extent I completely agree. I would have to say a balanced rod keeps the my hands in a more relaxed position that allows me to detect small changes in line tension. It also reduces fatigue from hours of casting and holding the rod upright. or the preferred angle.

It is probably more of an issue on my side of the pond. The species, variety and size of fish in a single session can become a problem.  Our "long" rods are 7 foot. Muskie are a fish every 10,000 casts and I am throwing 8 oz lures 50 yards

Just enough difference to be different.  Bank fishing balance is a joke

Phone

I started to trott the float down the river at 2.15pm today and had four chub in the first five trotts through, should have been five chub but the fifth one came off. Obviously i'd dropped straight on a shoal of fish. The session continued to be good after my first swim dried up and I caught well in the next few spots I tried.  There was nothing big although something that felt very much like a barbel came off.  There were some decent ones amongst them, and they all pulled back hard for their size. I counted to twenty fish and reckon I had another eight to ten more, so it was quite a productive session.....very enjoyable :). Due to the cloudy skyies and the sun going down the float became difficult to see at 3.30 and by 3.55 I just couldn't see it any further than 10yds away.  I made my way back to the wheels just in time, as no sooner had I got to the car and the rain started.

A pic of the first five trotts worth, I lost the fifth one don't forget lol....

IMG-0319.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1