A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

No insect eaters in your country then? (Wink)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

17 hours ago, Phone said:

Tigger,

Loosen your grip on that tree or you'll spoil a nice thread about catching fish.

In our world, about the only creatures that do not kill other creatures to get their raw materials and energy are the plants. Plants get their raw materials from the air and the ground, and their energy from sunlight. The rest of us have to eat other creatures, which involves the death of that creature, either plant or animal.

We do have to eat, but we don't have to cause pain is the veggin theory - but how do we know.

Much too philosophical for a thread about fishing

Phone

Plants thrive on rotting creatures n'all.....there's a lot of human vegetables roaming the streets lol.

I think your right Phone,  too philosophical, ignore it :).

• Thanks 1

Sneaked a quick session in this avvey before the storms hit.  The wind was already gusting and with enough power to bend my rod round!  I did have a few chub, like peas in a pod, hee's a pic of the forst to oblige...

IMG-0469.jpg

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1

Nice fish! I had a creep along a 400 yard stretch i have permission on while having a break detecting ,just trout and the odd crayfish all the course fish see to have disapeared perhaps the EA have been looting again .

I will have a gander on another stretch i have on the other branch but i suspect i will see the same ,but theres hope theres an old leat that has potential and the EA cannot get up it with their damned boat and electro wands as its beyond what was a flock mill and to get round it they would have to come onto private land its only 3 feet wide at its narrowest  but i have seen movement .

Not seen the big shoal of chub that used to inhabit tices meadow in farnham for a while which is strange they have been there as long as we have!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'd just take the rod and pin, a bucket of maggots and trot through all the likely spots. Very often the chub are there but only make an appearance when some food floats past.

When you say detecting, do you mean using a metal detector?

There's a chap in the states has an interesing you tube channel where he detects a lot in rivers.  My mrs is always watching it and keeps saying she wants a detector !

Tigger,

Now you've done it. Chesters1 is an avid detector. Look forward to a really long post.

I always fancied myself with one but never got around to it.  Lots of anglers in the West do both. Looking for gold mostly.

pHONE

9 hours ago, Tigger said:

I'd just take the rod and pin, a bucket of maggots and trot through all the likely spots. Very often the chub are there but only make an appearance when some food floats past.

When you say detecting, do you mean using a metal detector?

There's a chap in the states has an interesing you tube channel where he detects a lot in rivers.  My mrs is always watching it and keeps saying she wants a detector !

Yes metal detector ,my advice is get permission for as much land as you can before buying one or live by the coast (check its not banned there either councils like flexing their muscles to ban as much as they can) ,dont buy cheap detectors go mid range and unless you live in the midlands dont expect to get near paying back its cost in finds!

As for gold its the hardest metal to find ,its signal (on a detector) lies between iron and foil so unless you dig both up you wont find any AND ofcourse it has to be there to find it ,finding gold that isnt there is the hardest thing to dol

Despite what manufacturers say their machines cannot tell you what something under the ground is but give a clue to what it possibly isnt IE ring pulls (the bane of detectors) dependant on where the tab is can range all over the scale on a detector so you can only not find them by not finding most other things aswell ,if you dont want to find them dont put batteries in your machine its the only sure way.

Not saying you wont find gold ,i have found over 14grams of 21/22 ct gold in one field but i have also dug thousands of ring pulls and foil to find it BUT it has to be there in the first place there has to be a reason most fields dont have any so dont get excited finding any unless you can find fields that have had a great deal of use over the years and that means ring pulls aswell lol

My favourite yank detectorist is gravediggermax your river dude is probably aquachigger (sp?) Or a guy in a camo wetsuit? Or for gold deposits in rivers theres to many to mention

Edited by chesters1