A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

Interesting Martin, i'm sure i've seen reels made by Ken Smith.  

It's such a kind offer from you Martin, but I honestly think you should keep them and use them yourself though bud.   Be great to see some pic's of your trips out fishing now and again :).

On 3/10/2020 at 10:05 AM, Tigger said:

Interesting Martin, i'm sure i've seen reels made by Ken Smith.  

It's such a kind offer from you Martin, but I honestly think you should keep them and use them yourself though bud.   Be great to see some pic's of your trips out fishing now and again :).

So, at 63+ years old, what am I going to do with 3 x Ken Smith AND  3 x Grice & Young Pins?? Wife wouldn't have a clue what to do when I'm not around anymore & like to think at least 1 or 2 would be in action when I'm gone!!

None are worth real money except a tenner +post, but nice reels all the same!!

Anyone else can ask?? (I need to get the Ken Smith one's back from the lads I've loaned them to first)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Martin, 63 not old, you've got plenty years left yet! :).

You might struggle to get the reels back, very often i've loaned gear to friends knowing that i'll prolly never see it again lol.   I wasn't bothered, they were good friends :).

I went for a last cast of the season on the river today, the river was up a couple of foot and dirty coloured.  There was a horrible downstream wind but the rain was holding off.....for now.  I had a chub after half an hours trotting by which time the incoming tide was rapidly knocking the levels up and it was pi$$in down with rain.  I moved a few hundred yards upstream and set up a link leger.  The river was flowing backwards now and my float hadn't been out for more than a couple of minuites when it slid away and another chub graced the net.  A short time after that and the float shot off below the surface and the powerful fish bolted off to mid river where the hook pulled out.  By this time my hooded cotton top was soaking and my neck, back and shoulders were cold and aching, my hands were going knumb also!....feck it, id had enough, time to hoof off home for a warm cuppa!

IMG-0500.jpg

IMG-0498.jpg

• Like 1

Phone,

That does look like a nice coat, not cheap though!

Oh, yer reet, I do need a thump on me yed :).

Did you notice, those two chub have a good few black spots!

Edited by Tigger

Be a while yet before I catch any barbel, the rivers shut for coarse fishing until the 16th june.the EA had a vote wether to keep the closed season on rivers, or to remove it.  The majority vote was to remove the usless closed season as they did on still waters many years ago...so the EA have kept it, why have a vote FFS!

The rivers around my area have been unfishable for the biggest part of the winter , and a lot of last summer also!  I might just keep it quiet and go anyhow!   I know lots of places where no one ventures during the closed season.