A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

ALL,

AHH YASS coney island whitefish. Caught a 3 - 4 pound carp years ago that had swallowed one perhaps as much as a year earlier.  The creature was totally mis-shaped. Chunks of the whitefish were coming out of every orifice of its body. It was a total mess. Couldn't put it back in the water, to gross.  Spent the next half hour digging a hole with a teaspoon. Got the dam thing buried but I was so disgusted I gathered up and went home.

Phone

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Phone said:

ALL,

AHH YASS coney island whitefish. Ohh, I guess I forgot In the states "whitefish" are CONDOMS

Phone

All those wasted years you spent trying to make the 'perfect' carp bait Phone, and I keep telling you that they will eat anything! :yucky:

John.

• Haha 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• 1 month later...

With the lockdown being lifted for a few sports etc, and with fishing being one of them I had a few hours on one of the clubs still waters today.

I used a rod and reel I use on the river whilst trotting and it worked a treat on the still water just the same :).

i caught countless carp and surprisingly, lots of chub!!

IMG-0508.jpg

IMG-0516.jpg

IMG-0510.jpg

• Like 3

Nice one, did you manage to get some maggots from shop Ian, or dead un's from freezer??

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Tigger,

PROUD OF YOU MY GOOD MAN ! extremely healthy looking fish - that last carp. just judging relative to your reel - about 12 lb. Your equipment speaks for itself. What line and end tackle? Of course, for me over here, 12lb test and freeling #4 hook.

Phone

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Nice one, did you manage to get some maggots from shop Ian, or dead un's from freezer??

I think the tackle shops are shut round here Martin so no maggots unfortunately,  I just used brow bread on the surface and popped up at various depths.

I knew there were chub in this venue but had no idea there is so many, caught a lot, all varying in size from about an estimated 3lb to 5 plus.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Phone said:

Tigger,

PROUD OF YOU MY GOOD MAN ! extremely healthy looking fish - that last carp. just judging relative to your reel - about 12 lb. Your equipment speaks for itself. What line and end tackle? Of course, for me over here, 12lb test and freeling #4 hook.

Phone

Thank Phone :).

i think you may be right with your 12lb estimate, I didn't weigh anything though.

iI used 8lb daiwa sensor and a size 12 hook.  I used a hair with a bait band tied to it and large pieces of bread.  The rod is 1lb test but easily tames those carp.  No need for big heavy pokers which only damage their mouths.

Edited by Tigger

You are seriously tempting me to get out onto our estate lake and catch a few myself Ian.

Nice one :thumbs:

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

5 hours ago, BoldBear said:

You are seriously tempting me to get out onto our estate lake and catch a few myself Ian.

Nice one :thumbs:

Keith

Go on Keith, if it has gates just wear some surgical gloves to open it.

I chose the place I did yesterday because I can just throw amleg over the fence, no need to touch ewt.....git leg over hahaha.

• Like 1