A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

TIGGER,

Few would understand and I have lost my chart from the 70's. The breaking strain has little to do with the weight of the fish. A fish weight in the water and one in the net are quite different.

Fish propulsion in the water is achieved by-  duh – swimming. The thrust power for locomotion comes primarily from the tail of CYPRIDS. They do not have a powerful launch but plenty of stamina. Since neutral buoyancy is the natural state of affairs you are really the power generated by the fishes ability to swim.  MAXIMUM LOAD I EVER TESTED FOR CARP WAS 12LBS.  The fish was in the upper 40's.  We don' have barbel but the more forked the more speed (think yellow fin tuna).

All I was really going to say when I started out was I fished very similar to your rig. ONE KNOT 12lb mainline to hook. Ohh, and since I never learned - put braid where the sun don't shine

Phone

Edited by Phone
sp
  • Like 1

I had an hours trotting on the river today, conditions were not good as the river was to high for trotting in my chosen spot and was crashing through. Anyhow, I did catch some fish, a couple of chub, a huge dace and a small barbel....

IMG-0679.jpg

IMG-0677.jpg

IMG-0676.jpg

A quick hour on the river today, quite a few smal chub and dace and a few decent chub also. The river is wide here and the rocks are coated in seriously slippy slime so I couldn't be botherd wading back to take pic's, just this one...

IMG-0682.jpg

• Like 1

Good shootin' Ian - Nice to see the rod has a hook keeper, beats sticking the hook into the cork handle!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Thank's Martin :).

Yeah, the keeper is handy. 

I do have a few rods without them and just hang the hook of the bottom guide leg (not over the actual eye). 

Fuji do a removeable hook keeper and I keep threatening to get one, I have for years now lol.

Thanks Phone :).

I normally use the grass to lay fish on, that particular spot only had thin/sparse patches of wierd type grass growing in patches on gravely sand, the towel was more for my reel.

If the sand/gravel goes begind the drum it grinds and crunches interfeering with the reels performance and then you have to mess about cleaning it out, I find it best to try and avoid it getting behind the spool rather than have the hasstle of cleaning it out.

• Like 1

Cracking fish Ian. The mere thought of you putting your hook in the cork makes me laugh. I have a spare hook holder I can give you when I see you.

• Thanks 1

Hey Mike, thanks for that :).  I haven't seen you on AN for a spell, good to see you looking in.

Be nice to see some of your catch reports on here when you get back out on the banks ?.

How long have you got left on house arrest , are you tagged up?

One week to go and then I'm free. Nobody checked anyone on my flight so the system cannot possibly work but I did my bit.

• Like 1