A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

Tigger,

NO war, we don’t have either fish and I doubt it matters much. I know there is a high risk of hybridization chub/dace . Hopefully, I'm not hurting anyone's feelings.

Damed if this picture of a giant dace doesn’t look more like a chub. Is there an easy way for you to tell the difference?

Phone

Leuciscus cephalus x Leuciscus leuciscus - Chub x Dace

Phone, I didn't take a picture of the dace LOL.

I should have done though, and I should have weighed it also, it reaĺly was a massive dace as far as dace go.

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another quick trotting session this afternoon, I had a lot of "dice" including a few real clonkers, a few small to average roach, lots of chub from fingerlings to a couple of pou d'ish.   Clounds gatherd behind me before I could fish the best spot which  i'd saved for the end, and which may well have produced some better fish.  Anyhow, I didn't fancy getting drenched and made my way back to the car "on the double" which was about a mile away.

I made the right decision as i'd no sooner got back to the car and it hissed down!

IMG-0710.jpg

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1