A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

Martin, i'll catch a brace of dice'izz :).

payed a visit to a club water today for a changs as the river was to high for trotting.  The place is stuffed with em and I stopped counting at fifteen, must have had near 30 of them, maybe a couple more, they just kept coming!  They were all roughly between five and ten pounds so only very average sized carp. 

It was a nice change, but, it doesn't give the same kind of challenge as my river fishing.

IMG-0717.jpg

IMG-0719.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve got to go night fishing for large-ish Carp tomorrow night with my son Stuart.

Hes just bought himself two new Carp rods, a bivvie and bedchair plus a set of alarms which he wants to christen, so I’ll have to dig out my old bivvie from the back of the shed and join him.

I thought my all night Carp fishing sessions were long gone ??

If I’d had some Dice on me I could have spun them and chosen to go for Barbel on the river instead ?

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Well we’ve just got back from our night session after a few Carp on our estate lake and I’m off for a shower and straight to bed as I’m knackered. I’m just not as young as I was.

It’s hard to believe that I used to spend nearly every Friday night and Wednesday evenings chasing Carp or Barbel and still go fishing another day during the week for other species and I used to still go to work refreshed. Now one all night session and I’m knackered ?

Stuart was asleep by midnight after first bringing in his rods, and I didn’t hear from him till 7:30am when I woke him to cook my breakfast (the lazy sod ?). He did catch five Carp between 8lb and 16lb plus a baby Wells Catfish of about 5lb in the few hours he was awake but he didn’t take any pictures ?.

We started at just before 4pm after setting up our bivvies and the rest of our gear; only I setup my old bivvie inside out meaning that I had to start all over again ?? (I am a pensioner, and that’s my excuse). Plus one of my bite alarms was not working so once it got dark I would be fishing with only one rod.

Well in spite of fishing with only one of my two rods for most of the night because of the faulty alarm; I ended up with 7 Carp from around 8lb up to just under 20lb and here are a few shots from the evening/night.

EC3-CD7-F9-4-E42-4-DFF-A530-85-CC9-D44-E

I was fishing opposite one of the islands

6-A18-B439-31-BD-4238-9-B3-C-C7-CDBDE5-E

62605276-E01-B-4013-8-E16-158-F044514-FB

E4-BD9781-80-C9-4-AAE-909-D-5-C6114037-A

My three biggest Carp were 16lb 6oz, 18lb 14oz and 19lb 8oz.

NB: When I got home I had a quick gander at my faulty bite alarm and there was some green powder on the battery terminals where some battery acid had leaked from an old battery in the past that I hadn’t cleaned off properly. Its working fine again now.

Tight lines

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Bit of lemon juice will neutralise the goop on the terminals ,on car battery terminals its baking soda

Remember its not battery 'acid' on the terminals its alkaline the opposite so needs  acid to neutralise the goop ,on car batteries its acid so the baking soda does it

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Great session Keith!  I think after putting up your bivvy inside put and having to re-do it all again you did deserve those fish though ???.

They were all nice healthy looking fish Keith ???.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoldBear said:

(I am a pensioner, and that’s my excuse)

Well I'm nearly one - who are you?? 

6-A18-B439-31-BD-4238-9-B3-C-C7-CDBDE5-E

62605276-E01-B-4013-8-E16-158-F044514-FB

E4-BD9781-80-C9-4-AAE-909-D-5-C6114037-A

• Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!