A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

Hi Vagabond, great to hear from you and great that you are as good as...

A few were beginning to be concerned.

Sad day for me, just given away all my fishing tackle except for a light spinning rod and reel, might come in handy as I’ve just sold the house and am moving to Somerset to be nearer the grandkids.

Kept a beach caster as well but will have to improve my cast a fair bit to use.

Might be able to find some Pike or Zander nearby.

Life catches up with us all, glad you and Norma are ok.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

4 hours ago, Vagabond said:

Hi all.  Found you at last.  Y"all disappeared from my PC and I just got "cannot find" for weeks.   Found this route on Norma"s Kindle.  Mobility has crashed a bit and I ca n I just about stagger 50 yards from car park to swim with the aid of a few puffs of triglyceride  (bloody spell checker won't let me write "nitro" and "glycerine" as one word.)  Norma does the driving  and gillies for me, even finds time to fish .   I am restricted to flat banks and still water  -  no rock-hopping, no hill-stream trouting,  no fly-fishing,  and definitely no wading.  Still, I have had 80 years of that, so can't complain (started fishing in 1940 , by myself, using tackle I made myself)  We take a holiday each year in a narrowboat so I get to fish/trot/spin/lever all day and everyday for a fortnight , so all is not lost. -  in fact life is pretty good when I am not actually having an angina attack.  I try to fish one day a week during the summer,  but winter conditions clobber my inefficient circulation so have had to give that up also.   Will close now but keep in touch .  Best fishes to all.

Not been on for a while, and just decided to log on and see what was happening, great timing. Good to see you are still getting out and about on the bank Dave, albeit a bit slower, and with a few more restrictions. As long as you are still enjoying it, that's the important thing. You're getting more fishing done than me, I've lost my 'mojo' a bit recently, only been a half dozen times this year, still looking for that elusive 2lb roach, but a couple around 1lb mark have been the best I've managed.

Take care and all the best to both you and Norma

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

10 hours ago, Vagabond said:

Hi all.  Found you at last.  Y"all disappeared from my PC and I just got "cannot find" for weeks.   Found this route on Norma"s Kindle.  Mobility has crashed a bit and I ca n I just about stagger 50 yards from car park to swim with the aid of a few puffs of triglyceride  (bloody spell checker won't let me write "nitro" and "glycerine" as one word.)  Norma does the driving  and gillies for me, even finds time to fish .   I am restricted to flat banks and still water  -  no rock-hopping, no hill-stream trouting,  no fly-fishing,  and definitely no wading.  Still, I have had 80 years of that, so can't complain (started fishing in 1940 , by myself, using tackle I made myself)  We take a holiday each year in a narrowboat so I get to fish/trot/spin/lever all day and everyday for a fortnight , so all is not lost. -  in fact life is pretty good when I am not actually having an angina attack.  I try to fish one day a week during the summer,  but winter conditions clobber my inefficient circulation so have had to give that up also.   Will close now but keep in touch .  Best fishes to all.

We were worried you had croaked ,tried PM ing you to no avail so thought the worst .

Nice to see your still about ,Dave

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

8 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Hi Vagabond, great to hear from you and great that you are as good as...

A few were beginning to be concerned.

Sad day for me, just given away all my fishing tackle except for a light spinning rod and reel, might come in handy as I’ve just sold the house and am moving to Somerset to be nearer the grandkids.

Kept a beach caster as well but will have to improve my cast a fair bit to use.

Might be able to find some Pike or Zander nearby.

Life catches up with us all, glad you and Norma are ok.

Blimey coming to the mainland ,you will find fishing from brean sands interesting its a strange beach watch your tripod fall over as the first tiny wave gets to it and dont park your car on the beach and miss the tide ,many enjoyable hours were spent as we camped watching cars sinking in the mud when the owners didnt get back quick enough lol

As to the fish (in 2001) not that many and all small perhaps the locals know the good spots but they speak funny so never found out apart from a promontory  the beach is pretty featureless

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On 9/2/2020 at 7:33 PM, Vagabond said:

Hey Dave, just said this on another thread, but, i'll say it again, i'm very happy to see you post, you have been missed!

Dave, next time you speak to Brian, tell him i've lost his number and so haven't contacted him.  

The rivers were swollen this morning after last nights heavy rain, and so they were in no shape for me to float fish them.  I decided to have a change of plan and go visit the club water again.  I had lots of small carp, well over twenty fish and once again I had a bream on floating bread!

A few pic's of some of the carp.....

IMG-0743.jpg

IMG-0742.jpg

IMG-0739.jpg

IMG-0737.jpg

IMG-0736.jpg

IMG-0731.jpg

IMG-0730.jpg

IMG-0728.jpg

• Like 1

Nice haul and so long as they are loners bream are ok aswell