A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Join the dicks ?

The Angling mistrust have decreed your a criminal ,see you in nick!

I thought the lockdown started yesterday now i will have to be a criminal tomorrow !

Drunk & in charge of a Centrepin!! :busted_cop:

Edited by Martin56
  • Haha 2

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

2 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Join the dicks ?

The Angling mistrust have decreed your a criminal ,see you in nick!

I thought the lockdown started yesterday now i will have to be a criminal tomorrow !

As much as I dislike the Angling Trust chesters, you're wrong on this one. They haven't decreed anything, they haven't got the power, the Government have and did. All the ATr have done is ask the Government how this lockdown affected angling, and then reported back to the anglers, just like they did during the first lockdown. They did lobby the Government and eventually put forward a plan whereby angling could continue, as long as they followed the same criteria with regard to distance, sanitizing, etc as the rest of us. They will probably do the same this time.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

1 hour ago, gozzer said:

As much as I dislike the Angling Trust chesters, you're wrong on this one. They haven't decreed anything, they haven't got the power, the Government have and did. All the ATr have done is ask the Government how this lockdown affected angling, and then reported back to the anglers, just like they did during the first lockdown. They did lobby the Government and eventually put forward a plan whereby angling could continue, as long as they followed the same criteria with regard to distance, sanitizing, etc as the rest of us. They will probably do the same this time.

John.

They can do things ,the ncmd (one of the two metal detecting lobbies and far far smaller than AT) got the government to overturn the exact same silly law in november they have imposed this time .

As i speak they are lobbying to government to overturn it again ,as i mentioned the idiot who dreampt up the law says it was ok to detect in public but not in private ,the fool has still obviously not realised its arse about tit

I for one will ignore obviously rediculous laws and take the consequences i am a damn site safer sitting in a field a hundred yards away from a footpath than walking on one which is perfectly legal!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

11 hours ago, chesters1 said:

They can do things ,the ncmd (one of the two metal detecting lobbies and far far smaller than AT) got the government to overturn the exact same silly law in november they have imposed this time .

As i speak they are lobbying to government to overturn it again ,as i mentioned the idiot who dreampt up the law says it was ok to detect in public but not in private ,the fool has still obviously not realised its arse about tit

I for one will ignore obviously rediculous laws and take the consequences i am a damn site safer sitting in a field a hundred yards away from a footpath than walking on one which is perfectly legal!

Yes, as I said chesters, they can lobby the Government, just as any organisation can, but they can't legislate. They've changed their web site to read 'governing body' from the original 'representative body', so they are working towards some kind of power, but I don't think it will be in your or my lifetime.

You can ignore what you regard as ridiculous laws if you want, after all their are thousands that already ignore laws that they think are ridiculous. At least you say you are prepared to accept the consequences, be they financial, or medical for you personally, or to others, many cry foul when they have to 'pay the piper'. 

I'll leave it at that, chesters. I hope you stay safe, this forum would be even duller without your input.

Take care

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Apparently the government had not said no fishing, it was the AT who spouted that.

Prolly so they could say they've swung it for anglers to go!

I might go fishing again today.....??

Edited by Tigger

Even on a commercial you would be further apart than the two yards suggested ,if the swims were the typical match ones far far further AND out in the open .

The government is regulating the harmless taking away the fact they cannot even control the harm full .

I expect the copper coming to arrest me will pass tens of infringements he could stop to walk a good mile through several locked gates to have a word with an old bloke harming no-one . Unfortunately all these "what ifs " are meaningless i have a far bigger chance of collapsing doing my walk along really slippery muddy footpaths than strolling from my place to the river ,i have even more chance catching corona because i pass other people doing their walks unlike sitting by the river where its private.

Still not shown when i joined AT in order for them to govern me (or even represent me) ,i joined ncmd for the insurance using money and they dont govern they provide insurance and send out a newsletter and use its members count to use as influence to the government. do the AT do anything physical for its 'members' real or imagined for free if so who funds them and why would they help a self appointed org that has no members!?!

We have had spokes persons before they failed because their agenders differed from those they were purporting to represent and they had provable paid members

I would be off fishing but the river is trying to come to me and doing so would make our fictitious copper very wet trying to get to where i wont be  because of it

If they have already changed from representing to governing then these jokers needs closing down or they WILL be dictating how you fish and if the government think they are so powerful they "govern" angling they will let them in law! Because some waste of skin in some ministry will think wow if they run angling i will have to do less so let them!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a try for some barbel on the float last week but it was only 2 or 3 degrees and I blanked!

The temps had risen to 9 degrees today and so I had another attempt.  Anyhow I was lucky and managed three barbel this time, which to be honest I was quite happy with as the water is still very cold and i'd had enough of standing out mid river after 2 1/2 hours.

IMG-0934

IMG-0930

IMG-0928

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 7:50 PM, Tigger said:

I had a couple of hours trotting yesterday and had a few chub....

IMG-0917

IMG-0926

I think this sheep had a little too much to drink, poor bastard!

IMG-0927

Sheep suicide! The thought of not being sent alive because of brexit to foreign climes to be butchered inhumanly sent it over the edge! Strange its in there sheep are very good jumpers (see what i did there) i recon someones trying to pull the wool over your eyes (again!) and chucked a dead one in ! Lol

I spotted one in a well once ,luckily the adjoining house was empty and derelict ! No amount of filters remove sheep soup!

Edited by chesters1