A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

Managed to get some trotting in this afternoon, river was low but still had a ting of dirty brown colour to it.

The sun was bright and my face is like a beetroot just now!

Anyhow I did manage to catch a few fish, some decent chub and barbel, a few small chub and some dace. The bankings were very steep and not good to take a picture on, so I just tried to take some mid river....

2019-07-03-13-57-04.jpg

2019-07-03-13-56-54.jpg

2019-07-03-14-08-06.jpg

2019-07-03-14-16-55.jpg

2019-07-03-14-17-19.jpg

• Like 2

I had another dabble on a different stretch today, lots of small chub from a couple of ounces to a pound and a half but only one barbel, it was a great battle though in a hit and hold swim!....

2019-07-04-16-16-01.jpg

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1

Another few hours on the river this avvey, got lots of small chub ato about 3lb, several to about 5lb, some trout to about 2lb, dace, lost a barbel to a hook pull and landed one of 11lb 2 ounces.....

2019-07-08-16-27-11.jpg

2019-07-08-16-27-34.jpg

2019-07-08-15-37-11.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds like you had a great day Trotting Tigger with a nice double too :thumbs:

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Sounds like you had a great day Trotting Tigger with a nice double too :thumbs:

Keith

Yeaph, it was alreet Keith :).

I found a spot that everyone ignores and that was thick with barbel. I only nicked the one and then moved away so as not to be spotted by anyone.

If i'd stayed put in that swim I reckon I would have had a good few and the one I caught wasn't big in comparison to some of them I caught a glimpse of. I think they may have been spawning also, which was another reason to move on, best to leave em alone while they're having sexy times lol.

• Like 1

I've been catching more barbel over 10lb for the last couple of years than years previous. The double figure fish I catch are only lightweights in comparison to barbel being caught in other parts of the country.

• Like 1

I so enjoy your trips out Tiggs and the wonderful accompanying photos ( lovely Grass Carp biggrin.png ) even though you only seem to use your pins once and then discard them. This high esteem I held you in has wavered somewhat now that I have discovered that you leave the plastic on your corks..............Shameless !!!! ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

• Like 1