A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

All,

I know it is harder to come by for you, especially on the Continent. I use cubed ice with a hole down the center. It floats and disappears after having served the purpose of weight for casting.

Phone

All,

I know it is harder to come by for you, especially on the Continent. I use cubed ice with a hole down the center. It floats and disappears after having served the purpose of weight for casting.

Phone

Mr bush thats very old tech ,dont forget the cocktail stick when freezing to form a hole ,yes even fridges have reached the continent my one is so old its reached its 60th birthday 2 years ago !

I used them in a short fad in the 60's but the weight of carrying a thermos full of ice in an already bursting box outweighed its benefits.

They work and in lilly pads they work great with bread crust

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

Phone

Phone, good idea, although I think i'd prefer the ease of a clear bubble float.

Phone,

Bubble floats come in lots of sizes, and you can fill them with as much water as is required to get the desired weight:).

Obviously not fishing floating baits, but I used to trott heavy chunks luncheon meat under an orange bubble float when targetting chub, worked great n'all.

I waited in all morning for the delivery man but at 1.30pm I had enough and decided to go set up a rod and go fishing. As I was about to set up the rod the dorbell rang and the delivery man had finally showed up and had a new rod for me :).

Anyhow, the new rod was quickly checked over, set up with a matching browning pin and off I went to try and christen it. In my haste to get out I only put on a t-shirt and little body warmer which was a mistake as once at the river I found there was a horribly cold downstream wind.

The river had dropped down in level after the floods but was flowing with a dirty brown colour in it, looked like some kind of sediment, prolly sewage!

Third trott down in my first swim and I christened the rod with a chub, ten more minuites later and that was all that swim produced so I moved downstream to another spot of mine. After about fifteen minuites the float buried and I could tell right away it was a barbel, turned out to be a good size and put up a fair old scrap, the fish tested the rods metal which was exactly what I had wanted to do. After another 10 minuites that swim had produced nothing more so once again I walked downstream to try another swim. I finnished up walking about a mile downstream and dropped into numerous swims catching a single chub from most before the sun was getting low and it was time to make my way back.

All in all it was a great little session and the rod proved to be very good so I am looking forward to giving it another outing asap.

IMG-0204.jpg

IMG-0214.jpg

IMG-0218.jpg

IMG-0226.jpg

Forgot to mention, the rod had no hook keeper so I made me own removeable one :)....

IMG-0222.jpg

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 2

Tigger,

I guess fall has fell - water temps were in the upper 50's. Nice looking fish although not so impressed with the new rod. Same brand is a different rod. Browning is low middle budget rod in the US - well under twenty

Phome

Still plenty leaves on the trees ready to fall off yet Phone. The water has definately gone cooler and the fish really did feel cold in my hand!

Only the other day I was having a conversation with my mrs about the names of seasons, this being autumn although I much prefer your name for this season, fall seems a more appropriate name with all the leaves falling off!

The rod is pretty expensive, skint me for a spell I can tell you!!