A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

I hope to be out in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

I still cannot post a pic. If I try direct it says it's either too big or cannot be found. If I paste a URL from post images it says the server cannot be found. What am I doing wrong?

I still cannot post a pic. If I try direct it says it's either too big or cannot be found. If I paste a URL from post images it says the server cannot be found. What am I doing wrong?

I dont know what the problem is Mike is as I can select the Hotlink for forums (the icon at the end of the hotlink code line) for a picture in PostImage and copy the image onto to here with no problems (see pics below) Unless your server is dropping in and out intermittently for some reason.

Slipping-Clutch-zpsxase4bam.gif

The Slipping Clutch

Ihttps-postim-IMGg-cc-image-yj61qb437-MG

Mike, this is just a long shot but I take it that you followed the instructions that I posted on here about how to post pictures from Postimage into the forum (see link to it below).

https://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/8419346-big-rivers-in-summer-where-are-the-fish/?p=9467058

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I have tried doing exactly the same as I do on FM when using Postimage but it doesn't work. I shall persist.

Today was my first days proper fishing for a month and you would have thought it was a year as I thought hard about what to do next. My well practiced routine went out of the window.

I have just returned from a thorough enjoyable afternoons' fishing with Tigger. He decided to slum it and come to my neck of the woods to try out a new club water familiar to me but not to him. It's always enjoyable fishing with Tigger as he is so enthusiastic about fishing , tackle and tactics.

I used my new Acolyte plus and whilst the number of fish was down on previous visits I still had a Chub of about 4lb, a carp of similar weight a few nice roach and a roach bream hybrid. Ian fared better with a few super roach around 1.5lb and a carp of 8lb.

I completely forget to take any pics of the fish but this is the venue.

How did you get on?-img_3821.jpg

The weather was glorious and likely to be the only dry day for a while. Thanks Ian for an enjoyable afternoon and you were so right about the Acolytes.

The heron is active ,notice the faint stripes on the water in the foreground ? He makes one everytime he dunks himself.

Only herons that land in the water do it ,those that only stab their heads in do not.

Its the wax from their feathers!

It took me years to put two and two together but him landing 20 feet away in 4 ft of water and the resulting smear gave it away.

Its not uncommon herons landing in the water and taking off i guess desperation teaches them how to do it and they carry on.

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not alot for me to say as Mikes said it all, thanks for the company Mike, your a gent!

We had some nice fish, but I think your chub was the catch of the day :).

• Like 1

Try as I might I cannot put up an avatar pic. I have reduced a few to 250k but to no avail. When I use postimage either the server cannot be reached or some other excuse. I'm not unduly bothered but at my time of life I like to use all facilities!!!! Can anybody help?