A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

No waders today, just wellies, although the wellies are aigle also :).

A few weeks ago i'd lost a float, i'd overcast across the river and my hook had latched into a plant of some kind and my line snapped leaving my float dangling. Anyhow, at 4pm this afternoon I decided I was gonn'a go back and try to retreive it. I'm smarting all over my legs and arms from the nettle stings and scratches from brambles but I was successfull and got it back!!

I had exactly an hours fishing also ( me back was way to painful for any longer), caught a few dace with some being a good stamp and a few tiny chub before hooking something a little better....

CD6-B154-E-04-B1-41-D0-BF23-2104-B60-A8-

As soon as i'd had that fish I was satisfied and came home :).

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 2

Tigger,

Other than the principle of the matter I'd like to see a float "worth going back after" - and through nettles?

Very nice fish. I notice no parasite damage this year (?)

Phone

Tigger,

Other than the principle of the matter I'd like to see a float "worth going back after" - and through nettles?

Very nice fish. I notice no parasite damage this year (?)

Phone

You know what Phone, yer reet bud, bloody float wasn't worth going back for to be honest, especially when it was down a steep nettle and bramble filled bank and then hanging at the bottom of a sheer 8ft drop, and only a few inches above the water! What made it worse is my back is wreckin me just now!!

I just hate to loose anything, no matter how worthless, I don't mind giving things to friends, but loosing stuff really boils me p!$$!

No sign of parasites on the fish in this river, on another river the fish are caked in em!

• Like 1

It's not me that's crackers Mike, it's everyone else LOL.

A good m8 of mine fancied a day on a still water which neither of us had fished or even seen before and yesterday we decided to make the effort and give it a try.

The place was on a military base with an old plane behind fences that reminded me of the ones in the film " the great escape" lol. There were nuclear signs and warnings strewn about on the fences and buildings...it was all quite surreal !

There were two pools which were both lovely looking and being plonked in the middle of lovely countyside made them even more appealing. The actual water in one pool had a strange ting of powder blue to it, a sort of milky light luminous blue, very strange?

Anyhow, we set up and started to fish and my m8 caught the first fish which looked like nothing either of us had ever seen before, we opted for some kind'a orfy thing...maybe lol.

We caught silver gudgeon, silver bream, strange little things resembling pumpkin seed fish, some small faded tench,some dacey looking things, albino perch, and some normal'ish looking slabs to about 5lb+. I even had a blue tench!!

I had so ething large on that powered into the bankside vegetation and whilst trying to retreive it from the weeds the hook pulled. I imagine it was a good tench by the power it generated. After that I dropped my legered bait in a couple of yards out and to my right next to some reed mace and put my rod in the rests. After a minuite or two I noticed the tip on the avon rod shoot round so vilently that the but came up and hit me in the head! I managed to take a hold of the handle but the fish was gone. Upon inspection of the 8lb line, it had been chewed/broken off half way between my hook and the shot I had on the line to hold the bomb at the desired distance from the hook. It appeared as though something had severed the line, maybe with it's pharangle teeth?...as I don't think it was a pike.

All in all, it haD been a really fun day and I think I may have to go back sooner rather than later :).

How did you get to Chernobyl and back in the day Ian. Sounds weird. I think you had a lucky escape lol.